Looking for 6-month informal rental options

jrukin01

Registered
Hi! My name's Jesse Rukin, I'm from Chicago, IL, USA. I'm planning on living in Buenos Aires for approximately 6 months after the quarantine/lockdown. I'm seeking to expand my network of contacts here and ultimately find someone who can rent out a flat.
Would love to get in contact with both the expats and friends of the expats in Buenos Aires!

Sincerely, Jesse

Summer 2020 will be the best time . If not open by then means Argentina is out...!

Can I suggest Uruguay? Pretty much the same as argentina but without all the bs.

And it's easy enough to visit BA on the ferry whenever you want to.

Hey Jesse, nice to meet you. Im also from Chicago area, I've been here for about 10 years. If you want some info send me a direct message and ill give you my phone number and email and we can chat

Maybe you are already aware of this source, but Craigslist is generally the best place to find something like that. However it will be probably be difficult to get something reserved so far out. Apartments on there are usually 6 month contracts. Some are priced in dollars (though you can pay in pesos at that days exchange rate, check if they use the blue rate or the official) some priced in pesos. Generally you will deal with a real estate agent that charges a 1 months rent commission. Sometimes you can get lucky and get owner direct with no commission. You will also need to give 1 month deposit plus 1 month rent in advance. Most of these apartments are furnished with everything you need (though probably not everything you want).

Maybe you are already aware of this source, but Craigslist is generally the best place to find something like that. However it will be probably be difficult to get something reserved so far out. Apartments on there are usually 6 month contracts. Some are priced in dollars (though you can pay in pesos at that days exchange rate, check if they use the blue rate or the official) some priced in pesos. Generally you will deal with a real estate agent that charges a 1 months rent commission. Sometimes you can get lucky and get owner direct with no commission. You will also need to give 1 month deposit plus 1 month rent in advance. Most of these apartments are furnished with everything you need (though probably not everything you want).

It has been my unfortunate experience that Craigslist Buenos Aires is a rats' nest of scammers, con men, and ripoff artists. My experiences there were 100% bad. I know this is a great contrast to Craigslist in the USA, but there it is. I emphatically discommend using Craigslist here in BsAs.

Perhaps try Solodueños.

Can I suggest Uruguay? Pretty much the same as argentina but without all the bs.

And it's easy enough to visit BA on the ferry whenever you want to.
True enough. Uruguay is short on bs, but also short on excitement. It is much quieter, with calmer people, but also with FAR fewer theaters, restaurants, concerts, museums, shows, cafes, and all other things that make Buenos Aires so vibrant. And exciting, and stressful, and infuriating.

I personally love it, but it appeals to a different crowd - older people, looking for a quiet life. Great for those over sixty.

It has been my unfortunate experience that Craigslist Buenos Aires is a rats' nest of scammers, con men, and ripoff artists. My experiences there were 100% bad. I know this is a great contrast to Craigslist in the USA, but there it is. I emphatically discommend using Craigslist here in BsAs.

Perhaps try Solodueños.

I've found some good deals and places on Craigslist in BA, but you need to wade through a lot of crap. Definitely be careful when using it here as there are lots of scams.

Back