Looking For A Dog Walker/sitter Or Doggy Daycare

mhulmel

Registered
Hello,

I just arrived to Buenos Aires from Virginia with my 12-pound schnauzer/yorkie dog, Dexter. I am able to be home with him a good amount most days, but I have 3 different Fridays in the next month or so during which I will have to be gone from early in the morning until late in the evening. Ideally, I'd like to take him to a doggy daycare for the day or have someone walk him 2-3 times and maybe play a bit with him in my apartment in the Palermo Botanico area. Please let me know if you have any recommendations or would be interested. He is good with most other dogs, though not always. Thanks!

Michelle

Hello, my name is Raquel. I moved here to Buenos Aires about 8 months ago from the U.S. I am currently looking for some work, but I need something that pays. Would you pay for time spent with your pooch? I only ask because I am interested, but you did not mention in your post if you were going to pay or not. I am good with animals, particularly cats and dogs, and I have more than 8 years personal experience with both.

Hello, my name is Raquel. I moved here to Buenos Aires about 8 months ago from the U.S. I am currently looking for some work, but I need something that pays. Would you pay for time spent with your pooch? I only ask because I am interested, but you did not mention in your post if you were going to pay or not. I am good with animals, particularly cats and dogs, and I have more than 8 years personal experience with both.
Dog walking here is a big business! Don´t do it for free.

just be careful with the dog walkers down there - they went to the park with our dog and let her off her lead and we never saw her again - totally irresponsible

Musicman, Omg, that's AWFUL! There's a lot of dognappings here, particularly of purebred valuable breeds. Had a friend who apprehended some man walking off with her Husky from a park where she was letting him run...You tried posting leaflets and a reward? Could it have been an inside job? There are sites here dedicated to reuniting lost pets with their owners and even a TV show that does that.
I had my dog chipped before I came only to find out that the scanners here don't read the same code! WTF! Definately try the reward thing. I see Posts all over here in Recoleta, particularly during the summer. And the BEST of luck.

Musicman, Omg, that's AWFUL! There's a lot of dognappings here, particularly of purebred valuable breeds. Had a friend who apprehended some man walking off with her Husky from a park where she was letting him run...You tried posting leaflets and a reward? Could it have been an inside job? There are sites here dedicated to reuniting lost pets with their owners and even a TV show that does that.
I had my dog chipped before I came only to find out that the scanners here don't read the same code! WTF! Definately try the reward thing. I see Posts all over here in Recoleta, particularly during the summer. And the BEST of luck.

Neutering your dog(s) is not only the responsible thing to do, but it will probably also discourage dognappers who want to breed them.

Back