Looking for a furnished apartment

Wow, looking at Airbnb and then comparing the prices to what local real estate agents are asking is hilarious.
I had some clown on FB tell me breathlessly that she could show me apartments "starting from as little as 48K pesos per month!", which we both know means most of what she has is far, far more expensive than that. There are really nice places on Airbnb for much less than that.

I despise real estate people in any market, but the ones here are the scum of the earth, I swear.

So how much does an apartment in say Palermo, Chacarita, Villa Crespo 50+sq.meters go for these days? Regular rent with a 2-3 year contract or temporary? Generally what I have seen for temp is about $500/m with utilities included and furnished. But what about regular contract in pesos unfurnished? Any ideas? There really isn't much "inventory" on zonaprop.

Using a realtor in argentina is a scam. Not only is it a scam but it's an ongoing scam where they pop up every so often to tell you that you owe them money for something that required no effort on their part. Work directly with the owner if possible and leave the parasite out of the process.

Using a realtor in argentina is a scam. Not only is it a scam but it's an ongoing scam where they pop up every so often to tell you that you owe them money for something that required no effort on their part. Work directly with the owner if possible and leave the parasite out of the process.

Absolutely. When I moved into my present downtown flat, the realtor tried to tell me I had to pay her a commission again every 6 months when I renewed my lease. AND she was an arrogant, condescending bitch to me on top of that.

Absolutely. When I moved into my present downtown flat, the realtor tried to tell me I had to pay her a commission again every 6 months when I renewed my lease. AND she was an arrogant, condescending bitch to me on top of that.

Yes the repayment of commission every time you renew the lease. This is a prime example of argentine nonsense.

Back