Looking for a good "closed-door" restaraunt?

Any recommendations other than Cocinae Sunae and Casa Mun? Looking for someplace with something other than Asian food to take a visiting friend (who gets plenty of good Asian food at home).

sgarlow said:
Any recommendations other than Cocinae Sunae and Casa Mun? Looking for someplace with something other than Asian food to take a visiting friend (who gets plenty of good Asian food at home).

If the "Colectivo Felix" people haven't gone to the States for the northern Summer, then that place rocks.

Whats the general price range? They don't all seem to advertise.

Casa Mun is AR$285 with wine

Cocina Sunae is AR$130 (says with mineral water - don't know if you can BYOB)

Casa Coupage...can't see a price

Casa SaltShaker is AR$240 with wine

Treintasillas is AR$150 (not including drinks)

La Cocine Discreta....can't see a price

Reactions: tez
starlucia said:
I went to Casa Saltshaker once, and my meal was HORRIBLE. I still gag thinking about those dishes, like flavor combinations somebody had thought up while high on pot. I haven't tried Casa Mun, but it receives almost universally favorable reviews.

glad to hear i wasn't the only one to think this way. some of the combinations were definitely questionable. it was an interesting experience but don't think i would ever return.

More on prices. Casa Felix is 210 without wine or an extra 85 for wine pairings.

Panini said:
Cocina Sunae is AR$130 (says with mineral water - don't know if you can BYOB)

You can buy wine by the bottle. (They might have a few offered by the glass as well, but not a "wine pairing".)

The price comes out to definitely under AR$200/person, unless you've got a very strong thirst.

I missed out the night I was supposed to go to Casa Coupage but the prices were:
tasting menu of 4 courses, with 3 or 5 labels ($370 or $410)
tasting menu of 6 courses, with 5 or 7 labels( $490 or $520)

And apparently it was excellent (a bit long so go prepared!). You can order a la carte if not in a group. Certainly more expensive than those mentioned but from what I am told, a whole other league.

I've been to Cocina Sunae several times and have never been disappointed. Yum. She was also very accommodating about special requests regarding the menu (although I'm not a vegetarian I have a sort of...aversion to chewing flesh, unless it comes directly off a parilla, and she had no problems giving me fleshless curry when I emailed her ahead of time---love!).

I also went once to Casa Mun and I really enjoyed it, I love Chef Mun and his partner and I love all the care that is put into every single plate. The wines were delicious, the food (after so many courses) filling, and the whole experience was fun.

I doubly recommend them both.

There is also this site to check out regarding some of the puerta cerradas mentioned above, and a few more: http://www.planetajoy.com/?Comer_a_...e_vale_la_pena_conocer&page=ampliada&id=4204# (use Google translate if you don't read Spanish).

I've been meaning to do the rounds and try out some more. And about the legality, I think several are en blanco, at least partly...

Jueves a la Mesa is vegetarian, warm-cozy environment and delicious!!! feels like a true community and at-home meal. Can be found on Facebook. Plus there are DELICIOUS signature chocolate truffles always served with dessert :)

Back