Looking For A Hamam (Turkish Bath)

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
I am looking for a Hamam which is a traditional Turkish bath. I will settle for some Argentine version of that if I can find it in the city. Anyone know of a good place?

Thanks in Advance.

GS

Colmegna seems to offer someting alike.
One of the issues I have found here is that hot means warm, but not in Colmegna.
The place used to be for high class and, even in its decadency, everythings works perfect.
It is 130 years old.

Colmegna seems to offer someting alike.
One of the issues I have found here is that hot means warm, but not in Colmegna.
The place used to be for high class and, even in its decadency, everythings works perfect.
It is 130 years old.

And people on this site say you are worthless! Ha! What do they know?! :)

He is certainly not worthless. But, you have to be pretty perverted to support Cretina et al, so who knows what kind of Hammamortoehr bathouse he is frequenting ;)

I am looking for a Hamam which is a traditional Turkish bath. I will settle for some Argentine version of that if I can find it in the city. Anyone know of a good place?

Thanks in Advance.

GS

I've been looking in vain, expecting something like the Hammam that I would go to in Cordoba and Granada in Spain. Nothing at all like it.

I haven't heard many good things about Colmegna but maybe you can try it out and let us know. I sit in front of a computer all day, then go to the gym 6 days a week because I like to torture myself, and a proper Hammam would really lessen the amount of trips to the Kinesiologa...which have become too frequent.

Don't worry, Nisman used to go to another one where massage was done by 3 girls.

Keep it classy, bro.

The best one is at the Faena Hotel but I shudder to think what it must cost these days (it was 300 pesos/ month including 3x/ week personal trainer back in 2004). It is truly amazing and beautiful.

La Colmegna is still functional but a bit tacky (even after the remodel that they had done shortly before my visit). Will do the job though and it is clean. There's also the Finlander near Obelisco (same thing - functional, not dirty, but a bit tacky). The Megatlon gyms in Belgrano and Paseo Alcorta also have small steam rooms in the changing areas.

I know a super good/ cute/ inexpensive one but as they only let one person in at a time to the sauna/ steam etc area I am not telling where it is I am afraid as I'm planning to go at least 3x/ week this winter!

Don't worry, Nisman used to go to another one where massage was done by 3 girls.
Hopefully Nisman got to enjoy his life before KKretina, Timerman, D'Elía and Larroque had him murdered. Massages by 3 girls are not illegal but trying to cover up murderous bombings in your own country, is.

Back