Looking for a jewish restaurant

rioplatense

Registered
I'm looking for a restaurant where they serve jewish cuisine.

Can anyone recommend a nice place in Capital and/or Zona Norte?

Thanks a lot.

sleslie23 said:
Definitely some places to check out, but Tucson? Maybe it's kosher...

Tucson in the partially orthodox neighborhood between Las Heras & Av Libertador, and the zoo down to Salguero-ish has some kosher food, but not their entire menu.

Also, the "Dashi Sushi Kosher" has kosher fish, but the "Dashi Sushi" next to it has items that are NOT kosher.

Even the Persicco over there marks their ice creams that are kosher.

That being said, "Jewish Cuisine" would really be more "food served for Jewish Holidays", because Eastern European Jews, Morrocan Jews, and Persian Jews have distinctly different diets. And I didn't even bring up the Ethiopian Jews.

i had a TERRIBLE experience at Tuscon. We not only waited over 45 minutes for our food to arrive, but when it did, they totally messed up the order (it was also cold!). Wasn't on a busy day either, not that that's an excuse. Furthermore, the prices are RIDONKULOUS.

If I want Jewish cuisine I head to a great all you can eat buffet, just near the corner of Pueyreddon y Sante Fe. I forget the name but the chopped liver is YUMTABULOUS.

Agree with Gorilla Monsoon. Tuscon has terrible service , awful food , and pricey for what you get.

Cocina y Cía is the restaurant on Santa Fe and Pueyrredón (Santa Fe 2461) that Gorilla Monsoon mentions. It's a tenedor libre so most of the menu is your standard parrilla/pasta/milanesa fare, but a small section of the buffet is dedicated to "Jewish" dishes -- tabouleh, baked gefilte fish, hummus, pickles, some bulgar wheat thing, and horseradish. Not mindblowing, but a nice taste if you can stomach the scary all-you-can-eat concept.

Another option is Big Mamma in Belgrano C (Juramento 2156). The owners have been on the "Jewish food" scene for awhile, I believe. The pastrami is excellent; I've never tried anything else!

La Crespo is a newer spot in (where else) Crespo (Thames 612). The pastrami was excellent (though the pickles were way too sweet!). They reportedly have bagels but I can't vouch for them. The cheese triangulitos were delish. The knishes looked yummy; a lot of people seemed to be coming in to get those to takeaway.

Ciervo de Oro, on Julian Alvarez street, Villa Crespo neighbourhood, is a bakery with catering service. There you will find very good quality of typical jewish food, they also deliver around Capital Federal.

Napoleon said:
Tucson in the partially orthodox neighborhood between Las Heras & Av Libertador, and the zoo down to Salguero-ish has some kosher food, but not their entire menu.

Also, the "Dashi Sushi Kosher" has kosher fish, but the "Dashi Sushi" next to it has items that are NOT kosher.

Even the Persicco over there marks their ice creams that are kosher.

Ah, good point. I used to live in that neighborhood, but never really made the connection. There was another kosher restaurant on the same bock.

Tucson is a dump as others have pointed out. I used to have to eat at the one in Pilar with coworkers. They did have iced tea, though!

Back