Looking for a place to watch the superbowl in BA

Sugar and CasaBar are both nicer establishments with better food and a cleaner ambiance than Alamo.

That said, in Alamo's defense, I have tried to watch more obscure games in other places (Sugar) and haven't been able to do so, but Alamo has never let me down. My clothes may smell like shit and I may have an inferior meal (it's not THAT bad), but at the end of the day, if a place is willing/able to show an American college football game between UNC and Rutgers (both unranked this year) down here, there's value in that, and I'll keep going back if I have to be sure I'll catch a certain broadcast. And I don't know what the "jerk" comments are about -- except I agree that the cover charge is bullshit.

That said, the Super Bowl isn't very obscure and I imagine you can find the broadcast all over the place -- including basic Argie cable from your couch.

Actually, during the Super Bowl (and all games that fall on Sunday), there will probably not be almost no Argentines in the bar other than employees. There will, however, be 400-500 rabid US football fans just as there have been for every one of the past five Super Bowls.

Trashing the owner of Alamo is unwarranted. Have met and done some dealings with the owner: exchanged currency. The guy is an honest, decent person. This character assassination is BS. How he runs his business is entirely his business. The one particular thing I do like about the Alamo, no tight ass Americans patronize the place.

Yes no need to really trash anyone... I know the guys from the Alamo and I know the guys from Sugar ... all good guys just trying to survive. Yes Alamo can get smokey.... but if you smoke you love it... the food as in almost all places can be hit or miss..... Sugar does have some good burgers and really has improved their food..... but the Alamo is bigger and will have more seating with upstairs ... my biggest worry for the game is just getting a damn table!!! Sugar is more of a big open bar and lacks some seating sometimes but it does seem to work. Both are sort of dives.. but they both work for me
So it all come down to what is closer and what you like or dislike... I have had a very good time in both places.... which means I spend way too much time in bars or I am very easy going ... or of course BOTH!!! cheers to all... and lets get ready for some football!!!!!

Back