Looking for a room in shared house

Sara Davies

Registered
I'm moving to BA in a week and looking for a room in shared house for at least 6 months. Just wondering which areas are a good places to live when new to BA and how much to expect to pay per month.

Any advice most appreciated!

Thanks
Sara

Does it have to be a shared "house" or a shared apartment? I have a friend who rents a room in her 2 bed apt. Let me know if you may be interested. The apt is in Las Canitas/Palermo.

Sara, look at Craigslist - that´s the "go to" spot for room rentals.

I just did this whole process over the past 2 weeks, I looked at studios, 1 bedroom and room rentals in a bunch of neighborhoods (San Telmo, Almagro, Abasto, Palermo, Las Cañitas, Centro, etc).

Private bedrooms in big shared houses with lots of travelers / spanish-school students can found in San Telmo for USD 350 a month but (in my opinion) they are aren´t the nicest places -- grimy, dirty kitchens, no air conditioning, crappy foam mattresses, etc. The cheapest places are mostly in San Telmo. For 400 USD + you can find places in Palermo or Barrio Norte / Recoleta. Rooms in brand new buildings with pools and amentities can go as high as USD 600.

Note that starting in February a lot of students (especially foreign exchange people) arrive in BA and start looking so if you are coming in a week you will still have a lot of options but if you stay in a hostel for a month and then start looking you will have less choice.

After running all over the city looking at places I decided on a studio because it was not that much more expensive than renting a nice room (room was 475).

Good luck!!

Thanks both! I think I might have found somewhere for the first couple of weeks in a house in San Telmo, if it's nice and I like it I'll stay otherwise mini I'll be in touch...no a shared apt is fine too!
Sara

Back