Looking For A Tango Partner For Escenario Classes

Ana Luisa

Registered
I've been attending some great escenario clases and escenario workshops with amazing teachers.

Not having a steady dance partner has been very frustrating though, I can never do my best and continue improving.

I have many years of classical training, 2 years of tango salon and milonga and recently started escenario, which is my goal as a dancer.

Getting a tango partner is no easy task. Specially if you are a girl, not Argentinean, not European nor Asian, that is, places in which tango prevails and there's the stereotype that they'll be better dancers than, say, a Brazilian girl like myself.

Anyhow, I'm hoping to get in touch with some tango junkies through this thread! Cheers!

Hi Ana Luisa, I sent you a PM. I'm surprised at what you say, it took me 3 years to find a dance partner here, and I thought it was because I'm european. From what I've seen it's easier for brazilians to be accepted as the consensus has always been that europeans can't move their hips properly for tango.

So maybe the consensus is also that Brazilians move their hips too much?

I see Asian girls with less background be called to dance much more often, Argentinean men in tango are quite a mistery.

Back