Looking For Advice Regarding Overstay & Dni

Jimmy_L

Registered
Ok so i am currently i believe on 3 overstay stamps here in Argentina and i am looking to go back home to England over Christmas to visit family.
My problem is i have an Argentine girlfriend here and i am starting to worry about being refused reentry.
I would love to have a DNI here but they seem very hard to get (i could be wrong?)
People have told me getting a student visa and studying for 2 years can help towards residency but if i am refused reentry how could i acquire the student visa?
Just looking for some advice on options for sticking around!

Ok so i am currently i believe on 3 overstay stamps here in Argentina and i am looking to go back home to England over Christmas to visit family.
My problem is i have an Argentine girlfriend here and i am starting to worry about being refused reentry.
I would love to have a DNI here but they seem very hard to get (i could be wrong?)
People have told me getting a student visa and studying for 2 years can help towards residency but if i am refused reentry how could i acquire the student visa?
Just looking for some advice on options for sticking around!

Based on what I've read here in recent months, I think you would be taking a great risk of being denied reentry if you already have three overstays, but you won't know for sure until you try.

Getting a DNI is relatively "easy" for those who qualify for temporary or permanent residency . That being said, getting a student visa (which grants temporary residency) entails being a student who has passed the appropriate "entrance" examinations and actually attends classes. I don't think the temporary residency conferred by a student visa can be "upgraded" to permanent residency. Even if it can, that could not happen until the end of the third year.

Having two years of "residency" (living in Argentina with or without temporary residency granted by migraciones) is a requisite for Argentine citizenship.

The two years required for residency begins the first time you set foot on Argentine soil and it's possible to begin the process after you have been "living/residing" in Argentina for one year. Your overstays and travel since your first arrival shouldn't be an issue with the court, but you would need to prove an "honest means" of living and you may need to pay a lawyer as much as seven thousand dollars (in addition to fulfilling a few other requirements).

The lawyer I've recommended here many times doesn't charge anywhere near 7000 USD :) He got my friend citizenship via this means - he just got his turno to take his oath.

The lawyer I've recommended here many times doesn't charge anywhere near 7000 USD :) He got my friend citizenship via this means - he just got his turno to take his oath.

Do you happen to know how much is he charging at this time?

He charged my friend $2K (which admittedly is still a lot of money), half up front and half on successful completion. He started the process about 8 months ago, so it may be more now.

Ask this lawyer about the new prosecutor.

With many courts and even more judges, isn't there more than one prosecutor,,,and is he some kind of national "attorney general" who is opposed to granting citizenship to those with irregular status (and no DNI)?

With many courts and even more judges, isn't there more than one prosecutor,,,and is he some kind of national "attorney general" who is opposed to granting citizenship to those with irregular status (and no DNI)?

There a 2 at Capital Federal.

The attorney general is in our side but you have to do the Impeachment before the disciplinary tribunal to let her know.

Not sure what the point is about the new prosecutor. But my attorney's been handling immigration and citizenship cases for a number years, since before I came here that's for sure. He even managed to handle a situation where my residency case was sent to judicial review because of a very minor indscretion on my part around 30 years ago, which according to him should never have been reviewed here given the timeframe (should have been limited to 5 years - I know guys with real problems on their record that weren't even reviewed judiciously), the indescretion committed and the result of the court case in the US 30 years ago. In fact, my lawyer didn't charge me a dime extra for the hassle that going through the problems of getting the judicial review taken care of entailed (took about 6 extra months) nor for the problem where my wife had two different versions of her mother's name on one of the papers related to my wife's birth certificate and our marriage certificate, etc. Indeed my whole process because of those two issues took almost an entire extra year and he didn't charge extra, which I found quite refreshing considering the service that I had (and still have) found quite often here.

Granted this was for my residency and not citizenship, but my friend was here for a year and a half as a permatourist before he started the process and couldn't find a way to get residency so I recommended my lawyer (and I say my lawyer because he's helped the whole family with various immigration issues that have arisen over the years, not to mention every expat I know who got residency - or citizenship) and he had success.

The attorney general is in our side but you have to do the Impeachment before the disciplinary tribunal to let her know.

I seriously doubt that many reading this will know what "the impeachment before the disciplinary tribunal " means. I certainly don't.

Meanwhile, perhaps we should get back to the subject of the thread of advising Jimmy about the chance of being refused reentry at EZE with three previous overstays.

Back