Looking for conversational get together people (English / Spanish) in Zona Norte

kikedeolivos

Registered
Hi all,

I'm a local and came back from the US 3.5 years ago, after living there for almost 7 years. Although I use to stay in touch with colleagues in the US (Architects and Lighting Designers, my trade) via email, I feel that I'm loosing vocabulary and the fluency I used to have while living in the US. I use SAP on almost every movie I watch but it's getting hard to catch up with the dialogues.

What I'm asking for: are there any people in Zona Norte (I'm Living in Tigre, very close to the train station, right now) willing to have a coffee with me, maybe once a week, just to speak in English and being corrected, regarding my mistakes? I'm willing to contribute with my Argentinian Spanish as well. We could do 1/2 hour in English and 1/2 hour in Spanish: I'm open to options, as long as they are in Zona Norte.

Any help / suggestions are welcomed.

Kind regards to you all.
Salvador

www.salvadorsevita.com

PS: why am I registered here being a local? My ex wife is American.

The forum's appropriate. If I lived around Zona Norte I would probably take you up on your offer. I'm sure there are people on this forum that live around there that will respond soon enough.

I read on your website that you worked on projects in the UAE. What buildings/areas specifically, if you don't mind me asking?

nicoenarg said:
The forum's appropriate. If I lived around Zona Norte I would probably take you up on your offer. I'm sure there are people on this forum that live around there that will respond soon enough.

I read on your website that you worked on projects in the UAE. What buildings/areas specifically, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi,

I don't mind going up to Olivos for the language "interchange".

Regarding your question, I worked on the lighting design (As part of a team) for the 23 first islands in the Oqyana World First project.

http://www.oqyana.com/home.aspx

Thanks for answering!

Sounds like a great idea. I live near Olivos, so maybe we could meet at a cafe near a train station?

Back