Looking For Dried Fenugreek Leaves

Ceviche

Registered
Where to look for it? What would be its name here in BA?

And where to look for ginger and garlic paste?

Not sure about leaves but I've purchased fenugreek seeds (fenogreco in Spanish) at an Indian spice shop on Cuidad de la Paz in Belgrano. I can't remember the name of the place but I think it's between Hernandez & La Pampa. If not, it is very close and on the Cabildo side of the street.

It sounds like you're interested in (South) Indian cooking so you'll find many useful ingredients there even if they don't have fenugreek leaves (a minor ingredient in most recipes). If you're looking for anything Indian, this should be your first stop.

As far as ginger and garlic paste are concerned, don't buy them. Find a ginger grater in Barrio chino instead. Mine (brought from the U.S.) is metal, which I think works better, but I've seen ceramic ones too. Essentially it is a flat surface with raised bumps that quickly make a paste of ginger, garlic, onion etc. It is one of my favorite kitchen tools.

Not sure about leaves but I've purchased fenugreek seeds (fenogreco in Spanish) at an Indian spice shop on Cuidad de la Paz in Belgrano. I can't remember the name of the place but I think it's between Hernandez & La Pampa. If not, it is very close and on the Cabildo side of the street.

It sounds like you're interested in (South) Indian cooking so you'll find many useful ingredients there even if they don't have fenugreek leaves (a minor ingredient in most recipes).

I just love food irrespective of its origin. And I can't afford to eat in the very expensive ethnic restaurants here! So, cooking has become one of my new hobbies along with watching you tube cooking videos! :) Thanks for your suggestions.

The place is called Sabores de la India on Ciudad de la Paz 1739 and, yes, they have them - ask for kasuri methi.

Back