Looking for feedback on "Slingbox"

Thanks for the feedback. My apartment in BsAs (supposedly) has high-speed internet, so I don't anticipate any problems. Another question that I have is regarding ipod/ other electronics and voltage. If I were to hook up my ipod playlists to a device in Argentina via an audio cable and not an outlet, will that affect my ipod due to the difference in voltage?

Does Fibertel change the modem when upgrading to Evolution 30 Mb service? Do not know all that much about modems, but upgrading service to high speed stuff for video streaming in the rest of the world requires a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. Cannot for the life of me see any info on what standard my Fibertel provided modem is. It looks like it came over on the Mayflower: very old. Asked them about it and that was a waste of time. Any info would be appreciated.

ray_minnick said:
Thanks for the feedback. My apartment in BsAs (supposedly) has high-speed internet, so I don't anticipate any problems. Another question that I have is regarding ipod/ other electronics and voltage. If I were to hook up my ipod playlists to a device in Argentina via an audio cable and not an outlet, will that affect my ipod due to the difference in voltage?

This will not affect the iPod at all. In fact almost all electronics are dual voltage and work on both 110v and 220v. Make sure you check on the power adapter to be sure. it will save something like: Voltage: 110v - 240v if it supports both.

dennisr said:
Does Fibertel change the modem when upgrading to Evolution 30 Mb service? Do not know all that much about modems, but upgrading service to high speed stuff for video streaming in the rest of the world requires a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. Cannot for the life of me see any info on what standard my Fibertel provided modem is. It looks like it came over on the Mayflower: very old. Asked them about it and that was a waste of time. Any info would be appreciated.

Yep. They gave me a Motorola SURFboard modem that is DOCSIS 3.0. The only problem is there is no admin web page for it, and there are only very limited options that you can change through their website. For a techie, it's a pain in the ass to have no control over it... For example, my VPN (PPTP) no longer works and there are no settings to be able to fix that. Luckily I do not use it much.

I am an avid LSU and SEC fan. The solution I have found, without spending all that extra cash per month, is have a friend set up a camera in front of his HD TV and shoot it down Skype...

Works like a snap.......

I am an avid LSU and SEC fan. The solution I have found, without spending all that extra cash per month, is have a friend set up a camera in front of his HD TV and shoot it down Skype...

Works like a snap.......

Back