Looking for guidance - apartment hunting

lauren_michele

Registered
Hi everyone,

I am moving (long term, hopefully) to BA in April and I'm wondering what the apartment hunt will be like. Right now I have a hostel booked for 10 days and I am hoping to get my apartment taken care of immediately. I don't really have a good idea of what to expect.

Does anyone have any guidance on how best to secure an apartment in BA? Ideally I would live in a safe neighborhood (San Telmo, Palermo, Recoleta) with locals - as one of my biggest goals with this move is to learn Spanish via full immersion.

Anyone currently living with BA locals and willing to chat a little about how you set this up?

Contact my friend Martha [email protected] She will help you find an apartment and take good care of you. She's a local, married to an American.
Nancy

Hi everyone,

I am moving (long term, hopefully) to BA in April and I'm wondering what the apartment hunt will be like. Right now I have a hostel booked for 10 days and I am hoping to get my apartment taken care of immediately. I don't really have a good idea of what to expect.

Does anyone have any guidance on how best to secure an apartment in BA? Ideally I would live in a safe neighborhood (San Telmo, Palermo, Recoleta) with locals - as one of my biggest goals with this move is to learn Spanish via full immersion.

Anyone currently living with BA locals and willing to chat a little about how you set this up?

I am from USA and have an apt in Palermo new building furnished nicely, pool, asado grill, cable, wifi and TV good location $750.00 month US. Be selective and deal with professionals. Take your time. Do everything in writing. If you are interested in seeing my unit which is available now let me know. Enjoy BA. Richard

For San Telmo, Casa San Telmo. Mercedes has a big price range to choose from.

We will be in Buenos Aires later this month to apartment hunt. Currently, we are working with http://www.mikesbaapartments.com/. If you are looking to buy, check them out.
Mike (the mike in the above link) is a frequent contributor to TripAdvisor and I have known him because of that for more than a few years. He is a straight shooter and runs a respectable business. You would not go wrong doing business with him whether rental or purchase.

Hi, I'm looking for somebody, preferably a woman, to share my apartment in Vicente López for periods no longer than 60 days. From two to four days a week is my daughter at home. My experience says men and my child is not a good combination, but for sure I'm open to know you.
Week (7 days) USD 250,-
Fortnight USD 350
Month USD 500
WhatsApp: +54 911 6219 9298 (Menko)
I speak Spanish, German and English. Learning Armenian.

Did you end up finding a place? I'll be looking for one next month!

Back