Looking for help acquiring temp residency as a student at UNA

sacoo

Registered
I'm looking to register at "La Universidad Nacional de las Artes" and I'm wondering if anyone has gone through this process to acquire temp residency?

Specifically, I am looking for help with the process of validating documents and applying for temp residency.

– validating secondary education with the Ministry of Education
– DNI application process
– applying to UNA
– doctor certificates

Any help or tips appreciated!

First of all, a very warm welcome to the group.

You will get the DNI after you complete the process of obtaining temporary residency based on being a student.

As you wait for others to provide detailed answers to all of your questions, you can search the fourm for additional information regarding the experience of other members who applied for a student visa.

For example, I entered the words "student visa" in the search box, searching only in titles, and came up with this list:

The steps for applying for the "student visa" using the RADEX system are detailed on the migraciones website:

PS: I don't have any information about how to apply for admission.

The last time I applied for admission to a university was in 1968. 🤠

Last edited:
And did the university let you in?
I knew somone would ask this question!

Acttualy, I was accepted for admission to two universities for the fall term in 1968.

One was the University of Illinois and the other was the University of Northern Iowa.

My Dad wanted me to go to the U of I, but my Mom was in favor of UNI, where she had received a teacher's certificate in the 1930's.

She was actually born in an Iowa farmhouse and in the late 1930's, she was the only teacher in a "one room" school (both oof which I actually saw when I was a child, traveling with my parents in Iowa to visit relatives).

In addition to the horrible winter weather in northern Iowa, dorm life at UNI was intollerable. They had accepted so many male students that we were crammed in three to a room...

... and I did not feel academically challenged, either. I made the "Dean's Honor List" that term without much effort.

It should have been harder, but them Iowa farm boys (two of them in the same dorm room with me) undoubtedly dragged down the curve.

Well before the end of the first semester at UNI, I tried to transfer to the U of I, but due to so many young men seeking student deferments to avoid the military draft, they were not accepting any transfers, so, instead I transferred to Illinois State University.

PS: Anticipating the next question: yes, I graduated from ISU in December of 1973 with a bachelor's degree in economics. 🤠

Last edited:
No, the next question was going to be: did you come across Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep around that time having their three-day affair in Madison Country?

First of all, a very warm welcome to the group.

You will get the DNI after you complete the process of obtaining temporary residency based on being a student.

As you wait for others to provide detailed answers to all of your questions, you can search the fourm for additional information regarding the experience of other members who applied for a student visa.

For example, I entered the words "student visa" in the search box, searching only in titles, and came up with this list:

The steps for applying for the "student visa" using the RADEX system are detailed on the migraciones website:

PS: I don't have any information about how to apply for admission.

The last time I applied for admission to a university was in 1968. 🤠
Thank you!!

Where is Secret when you need him? He'll know the answer to some of these questions.

Back