Looking For Housesitter/s Through The Holidays

la_guachita

Registered
Looking for a responsible housesitter (single person or couple) from now (or the next few days) until Jan 17th (could be a little longer maybe, if you want). The apartment is fully equipped and sunny, but not luxurious-- just going out of town and need someone to care for the sweet loveable and spoiled cats and a few plants. The apartment is a two bedroom with a terrace on the same floor.

Just ask for the expenses to be paid something like US$12/day (AR60 per day). Ideally you will be a tranquil, responsible and nice person who loves kitties.

I will leave food and litter. I will ask for for a photocopy of your passport and a deposit, which i can hold in Paypal, because my belongings are in the house.

my friend did some apt sitting and got paid for it,strange that someone should be so pretentious as to expect people to do the job
with cats and pay for the privilege?Am I missing something?

I stand somewhere in the middle on this emerging debate. I wouldn't pay for the privilege, nor would I expect any pay. My wife and I might in fact be interested in doing it for free if you are reasonably close to a subway in an ok neighborhood. Best of luck doing it your way however!

Reminds me of a friend of mine in Houston who was looking for a live in maid. His plan was to give her room and board, but also charge her rent. :confused: I had never heard of such a thing, but he claimed it is common practice to charge rent. I never bothered to read up on it.

EriclovesBA, are you sure your friend didn't mean that her wages would just be lower than the hourly average as she was living in? That is normal practice. Live-in staff don't usually earn as much per hour.

Give me a break, I'm not wealthy (if I was I wouldn't charge anything) and this is my only residence -- with everything I own inside.

The cats take less than one minute of work per day and a lot of people enjoy cats.

The person can eat my food, use my computer, play my guitar and drum, relax on my terrace, read my books, play my games, drink my wine & liquor left behind.

I would have jumped at a situation like this when I got here. There are lots of kids that pay AR80 a day for a dorm bed in a hostel where they can't have friends over to hang out, don't have privacy to have sex, don't have stuff to cook with (like olive oil, sugar,balsamic vinagre, a wok etc,), don't have a comfy double bed with nice sheets, can't take a bath, work in peace with 3 mgs wifi connection or blast music and walk around naked if they want.

By the way, the fee is only to cover the bills, otherwise I would cancel the wifi and turn off the electric and such and have the cats stay with my friend.

I found the perfect person and he's thrilled to get out of where he's staying, so move along, Mr. Poroto.

I'm with La Guachita on this-- had I seen this earlier, I would have loved to have housesit! And I would have happily paid the expensas...

EriclovesBA, are you sure your friend didn't mean that her wages would just be lower than the hourly average as she was living in? That is normal practice. Live-in staff don't usually earn as much per hour.

Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe it was kind of a semantics thing.

So some poor kids are ripped off in hostels and that eases your conscience to charge someone for flat sitting.hohoho.
I rented double and single room in my house,I was living there.....two colombian students 700 pesos/month each
garden with parrilla,front patio 2 bathrooms,90smtr cub.....all services inc.Still I suppose you NA are more money
mad than us europeans.Glad you got some mug to do your deeds,sleep easy on yer hols.

We are all very pleased with the situation, including the cats so it's a win-win-win situation.

The only person who is unhappy about it is you, a stranger from the internet whose opinion means nothing to me.

I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas.

Back