Looking For - Jardin De Infantes - Belgrano

thebookcellar

Registered
In a couple of months when the baby is born and my wife returns to work we have to find a 'guardaria' or 'jardin de infantes' in the Belgrano area - to be more precise anywhere from Juramento and Libertador to Monroe and Cabildo.

The baby will be 2-3months old.

If anyone has any suggestions and experiences with any places in this area we would appreciate advice!

Thanks

Hi Daniel -- how are you -- we met a few weeks back when you picked up a bunch of our books in Las Canitas before we moved. I don't have many recommendations for that specific area, but we did interview at a number that are closer to Las Canitas when we were looking for a placement for our son. He start at just under 6 mos old at Shailand Garden on LM Campos & Zabala. In Las Canitas there's not a lot of choice, so we looked at the few and we chose Shailand because I felt that the teachers and the directora were the most warm (carinosa) of all the places we saw. When they are that small it is not only about the number of babies in the room but really the actitud of the people running the jardin as well. We also looked at Mi Jardin next door, we didn't like it because the baby rom was up a rickety old flight of stairs.

If you have a look on planetamama.com.ar in the foros section you should be able to find more recommendations for the specific area you need.

If you do not find a place in your radius, you may want to try Shailand, the building is old of course but the directora Alejandra is lovely as are the girls that run the baby room, and Thomas really loved them. Our ex-landlord's wife works at one that is more towards Nunez, I think around Congreso and Cabildo -- if you can't find one you like let me know and I will find out the name of the one she is at.

By the way, I shall warn you that when you go to them you really start to feel like some are Dickensian hellholes. A lot are housed in old buildings, so are dark, and you see the babies all just kind of slobbering all over all the shared toys, and mocos running down their faces etc -- ugh it's not very nice. There is really no perfect Jardin, I looked at 4 in Las Canitas when Thomas was younger, and then at about 10 in Urquiza and really it is hard to find one that doesn't kind of have an ick factor. PlanetaMama is a pretty good resource, you'll see that the parents on there are pretty brutally honest about what they like, what they've seen etc. It helped me shortlist guarderias for Urquiza and has definitely helped me with navigating for schools since we are new to the barrio and don't have a lot of recommendations to go on!

Suerte! Will have to come by the shop sometime soon.

Back