Looking For Recommendations On Car Repair Shop In Zona Norte

rioplatense

Registered
Hi everyone,

I need to get some maintenance done on my 2010 Gol Trend but unfortunately I have no idea where to go.

Does anyone have good experiences with a garage that repairs VW in zona norte, preferibly Olivos or Vicente Lopez?

Apart from the usual stuff like oil change I need to have the toothed drive belt of the motor changed because I passed the 60.000 km.
The offers I have so far from the official Volkswagen concesionarias are horribly expensive.
So any recs on a garage that does a decent job and does not charge exagerated amounts are highly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers.

Rioplantense, Search online what the flag rate (amount of hours) is required for changing a timing belt on your VW.
This should give you an idea when multiplied by hourly rate. I can't see a new timing belt costing over 600 pesos.

Hi everyone,

I need to get some maintenance done on my 2010 Gol Trend but unfortunately I have no idea where to go.

Does anyone have good experiences with a garage that repairs VW in zona norte, preferibly Olivos or Vicente Lopez?

Apart from the usual stuff like oil change I need to have the toothed drive belt of the motor changed because I passed the 60.000 km.
The offers I have so far from the official Volkswagen concesionarias are horribly expensive.
So any recs on a garage that does a decent job and does not charge exagerated amounts are highly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers.
Pardon me here but what do you refer as to the "toothed drive belts"? Are you referring to the accessories driving serpentine belts or, the cam shaft valve gears actuating belts? mostly commonly called the timing belt? At 60k it is only 37.500 miles and at that little distance I don't think you are needin' to replace neither of the mentined belts.. Even for a V.W. germanic make, notorious for requiring high maintanances, too early for servicing I think..If Toyota~Lexus brands, the accessory belts and the timing belts are replaced but not mandatory at least with 160.000 km on its use.So do some more investigation prior to spending your money as to if you really would need to replace that mentioned belt at such low km usage.My 2 cents.

I'll second what hybrid ambassador said. I don't know anything about the gol specifically, but timing belts usually designed to last a minimum of 60000 MILES.

I also agree that it is probably too few km to need to be changed but I can recomend a mechanic in Olivos that will be strait with you and is generally fair priced.. His name is Claudio and has a small shop at San Lorenzo 2384. Tell him Steve sent you.

I guess the correct term is timing belt.
Thanks for the advise, I'll give it a thought.

The Gol is made in Brasil. Seems all SA built cars recommend changing timing belt at 60k. Had a Clio , and they recommended the same. Seems better to follow the manufactures recommendations , if it can be done for a fair price. They after all engineered the car , and if they built a product to sell at a certain price point , then it may well have a inferior quality timing belt , and may not last as long.

Of course if the timing belt fails , then you get to buy a new engine. There are a ton of shops all over Zona Norte. Try Flemming south from Dardo Roacha.
There are at least 10 per block , after block , after block...........

Does anyone know if it is a requirement to get your car serviced at the dealership you bought it if you want to maintain a warranty or sell it in the future? My girlfriends 2012 Sandero is up for a 1 year service, they are charging around $1100 pesos. Does this seem reasonable?

We use a very good mechanic in San Isidro on Tiscornia St 977, right down by the river. It's in walking distance to the Tren de la Costa so you can get there and back for collection.
Phone 4743 8377 cel 156 520 3509
There's also a motorbike mechanic opposite him and a bicycle repair shop a couple of blocks away.

Back