Looking For Tango Practice Partner

max2013

Registered
I'm looking for a tango (follower) practice partner. I'm 1.85m and have been dancing in Europe for 4 years on-and-off, 2 continued years probably being a more accurate measure. I go to classes and milongas already but neither give a chance of picking a topic and explore it from stumbling to refining, hence my search.

Looking for someone with similar experience and motivation. We can meet at a practica and see how our dancing/learning styles match.

Women who go to the milongas want to dance, not practice. Those who attend classes need practice, but they can get it with better dancers at a milonga. If you are still at the "working things out" stage of tango, then refer to the practica list on www.hoy-milonga.com When you meet and dance with a woman who is a good height, ask her if she is interested in more practice time with you. Practicas are informal situations where no one has to know or obey the rules of the milonga. They're more social. Some dancers never leave the practicas for those reasons. You also have to find one who is interested in your style, be it exhibition, salon, nuevo or milonguero, depending on your age. Do the searching at the practicas.

Reading this was fun, like trying to read greek!
Got some tips for people that know zero about Tango where we can go read about what all that stuff means?

I agree, I think you should go to more practicas... especially the guided ones and look for practice partners there. Or if you are studying with a particular teacher you might ask them if they know of anyone. It's easier to find someone that you are compatible with that way.

Back