Looking For Toursity Stuff To Do With Visitor

Vagrant Violet

Registered
Hey, guys!

My father is flying from the US to Buenos Aires for 6 days/5 nights this coming week, and I'm still trying to find some fun, touristy stuff to do with him. Since he won't be here for too long, I probably need to limit our activities to Capital Federal and certain parts of GBA (as opposed to going to an estancia or surrounding cities), but I'm drawing a blank.

So far, I figured he'd like the Yellow Bus city tour, a few museums such as the MALBA, Florida Street, Recoleta Cemetery, etc., but it feels like I've been living here for so long that some of the main tourist attractions and events don't even occur to me.

Any suggestions or recommendations? He's in pretty good shape for someone in his early 60s, so walking around is not a big deal, and the heat doesn't bother him. He's also a history buff.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, y que tengan un buen día! :)

Ateneo in Santa Fe and callao is a beautiful place, people are usually impressed. Choripan en la costanera (I did that with my parents, they liked it). They also REALLY enjoyed a walk through barrio parque we did by chance and loved trying to guess which ones of the big houses were embajadas and of which countries...

Well, with the tourist bus you have a lot of stuff covered! How about the Opera Theater tour?

It is a short visit, so it might help to know his main interests ;)

It is a short visit, so it might help to know his main interests ;)

Good point! Jeje...

He is particularly interested in the historical aspect of the city, and apart from that, it's pretty open as far as the activities (he just wants to experience Buenos Aires in general).

I'd add architectural, cultural, and historical tours to the list. Outside of the city - but in easy reach are Tirge and the delta on the weekend and Colonia, Uruguay is an easy 1-day trip.

The San Telmo flea market on Sunday is always a blast. Defensa Street gets closed off to traffic from Plaza de Mayo to Parque Lezama.
If the weather is nice, the whole street becomes a big party.
Also lunch in el Tigre is very nice.

Back