Looking for Work

sncs

Registered
Hi Everyone,

I don't know if the term "expat" would apply to me. I was born in the U.S., but I am of Argentine descent, and have permanent residency in Argentina. I still remember the golden days of the call center boom, which spanned from 2009 to 2012. I sure miss being able to have 30 job offers, and attend job interviews where you and 20 others signed the contract on the same day and had a preocupacional the next day. I've been coming and going since I was like 2.

I've been back in Argentina for the last 4 months, and have been having a really hard time finding work. Since August this year, I've had like 5 job interviews, and nothing, so far. This is really frustrating because my work experience is rather spotty. The longest I've ever held a job was 1 year and 4 months. There are many gaps in my curriculum, and I sort of have to fib about my experience, lest I get asked all kinds of questions as to what I did during that time. To sum it up, my experience is unique. Also, I have a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.

I was wondering if what kind of jobs I can look for that are in blanco or designed for people who speak English, have a college education, and/or are expats.

Thank you all!

it would help to know what exactly you are looking to do, what kind of work you're looking for...

Facebook is the preferred method for many things in BA. I’d recommend pulling it up and doing a search for BA Expat...you’ll find other options for job postings or posting your search there. Good luck.

Wi
Hi Everyone,

I don't know if the term "expat" would apply to me. I was born in the U.S., but I am of Argentine descent, and have permanent residency in Argentina. I still remember the golden days of the call center boom, which spanned from 2009 to 2012. I sure miss being able to have 30 job offers, and attend job interviews where you and 20 others signed the contract on the same day and had a preocupacional the next day. I've been coming and going since I was like 2.

I've been back in Argentina for the last 4 months, and have been having a really hard time finding work. Since August this year, I've had like 5 job interviews, and nothing, so far. This is really frustrating because my work experience is rather spotty. The longest I've ever held a job was 1 year and 4 months. There are many gaps in my curriculum, and I sort of have to fib about my experience, lest I get asked all kinds of questions as to what I did during that time. To sum it up, my experience is unique. Also, I have a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.

I was wondering if what kind of jobs I can look for that are in blanco or designed for people who speak English, have a college education, and/or are expats.

Thank you all!

Welcome to the Revolution of happiness of Macri, better known as recesion.

Back