Looking how to open a bank account in USA

brujitooo

Registered
Sorry for my offtopic,

i'm an argentine, looking how to open a bank account in USA, someone could help me with an advice?

brujitooo said:
Sorry for my offtopic,

i'm an argentine, looking how to open a bank account in USA, someone could help me with an advice?

Good luck. Without citizenship or legal residence, it is practically impossible. However you may try Etrade or other trading sites which also offer banking services.

brujitooo said:
Sorry for my offtopic,

My bank (BB&T) will open an account with any government issued ID from any country.

I confirmed this a couple of days ago for a friend and the bank manager said they open accounts all the time for temporary migrant workers.

From the other post above me maybe it depends on the bank. BB&T will do it so probably others will. It would be the only way legal temporary migrant workers could receive their pay by direct deposit.

flurec said:
My bank (BB&T) will open an account with any government issued ID from any country.

I confirmed this a couple of days ago for a friend and the bank manager said they open accounts all the time for temporary migrant workers.

From the other post above me maybe it depends on the bank. BB&T will do it so probably others will. It would be the only way legal temporary migrant workers could receive their pay by direct deposit.

Do you have to go in person to open the account or you can do it online or over the phone or by mail?

I know a bit off topic, but I'm confirming as well - my bank, Trustmark (a southern regional bank) accepts foreign-held accounts without residency, but you have to go in person. You can't do it over the internet.

Also, I know for sure that Wells Fargo will accept foreign accounts as well. My ex-partner had a good relationship with his particular branch and they actually set up bank accounts for our programmers in the States without them having to go to the States, but sponsored by my ex-partner.

I suspect there are few banks in the States that will accept just anyone that does not have residency in the states opening up an account electronically, without going in person, at this point.

ElQueso said:
I know a bit off topic, but I'm confirming as well - my bank, Trustmark (a southern regional bank) accepts foreign-held accounts without residency, but you have to go in person. You can't do it over the internet.

Also, I know for sure that Wells Fargo will accept foreign accounts as well. My ex-partner had a good relationship with his particular branch and they actually set up bank accounts for our programmers in the States without them having to go to the States, but sponsored by my ex-partner.

I suspect there are few banks in the States that will accept just anyone that does not have residency in the states opening up an account electronically, without going in person, at this point.

Yes ElQueso, most US banks will open an account if you are non US resident but hold an official ID. I was asking if it was possible to mail the documentation or do it online because I know that before 9/11 it was possible and they restricted it after.

a
nikad said:
Do you have to go in person to open the account or you can do it online or over the phone or by mail?

Must be in person with any government issued ID from any country. This is according to my bank manager in Virginia .

BB&T sends buses to the apple orchards to sign up the migrant workers. You may be able to open a corporate account without being present.

Back