Looking To Buy/rent A Bicycle For A Month...need Help!

pfunknoondawg

Registered
Hello! I've recently moved to Buenos Aires and I am going to stay here for at least a month. I love cycling and I'm currently on the hunt for a used road bike. I've been researching ways to find used bikes quite a bit, but I'm a bit stuck. Here's what I've found so far:

-Mercadolibre.com - I'm a bit confused as to how this site works. In terms of buying a bike, I would like to meet the person and test ou the bike before buying it. Is this possible on the site, or does it function more like ebay where you make the purchase online?
-List of bike stores - http://maps.google.es/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=es&t=h&msa=0&msid=114076074066032800012.00046ad749516b48879d5&z=8 - most of these places sell new bikes and the road bikes are very expensive. Does anyone know of a bike store that sells used bikes?

I'm also tossing around the idea of trying to rent/lease a bike for a month but I'm not sure if this is possible. Instead of buying a bike and then selling it before I leave, it might be easier to just to lease it for a given amount of time. Does anyone know of ways to do this, or does anyone have a road bike that I could borrow for a month? I'm looking in the size range of 57-60cm

Thanks so much!

Patrick

Back