Looking to find a job to sponsor my visa - how hard is it?

Fdipo

Registered
I'm a bilingual native English speaker/fluent Spanish speaker

Graduating with a Bachelor's degree in February (currently finishing my last semester here on exchange). 11 years of freelance writing experience (including at a literary level with awards/nominations), 3 years of freelance tutoring experience (mostly English, self-taught though so no certifications in teaching).

I also learned Spanish in a university environment which really helps with understanding grammar, teaching methodology etc - I'm sure I could transfer it over to English teaching easily enough.

I think I'm a pretty good candidate, the problem is convincing an employer of that to the point they'd sponsor my visa. I have a girlfriend here and I am fully invested in staying long-term. I've tried CV drops and applying online but have yet to have any bites.

Has anyone been through a similar thing? Any advice would be appreciated :). I'm really committed, I know for sure I want to stay here, I'm ready to start working part-time right away and can work full-time next year - I just need an employer to have faith and sponsor my visa. And before anyone says it, I want to do everything legally.

My last resort is to get a working holiday visa after I graduate, but that's only for 1 year and only allows me to work for 6 months of the year, and I'm not sure if it can be changed if I do find an employer that wants to sponsor me.

Judging from your post and how long you posted it, you probably had a hard time. Most employers will probably not want to hassle with this. Many employers are paying under the table in black. Let us know how things turned out.

To sponsor you the employer has to apply for a permit at immigration and this means immigration agents inspecting his busisness and fining him in 10.000 usd for every irregular worker he might have the first time, and 20.000 the second. So, nobody wants that as soon as 50 % of his employed are usually under the table.

I'm a bilingual native English speaker/fluent Spanish speaker

I also learned Spanish in a university environment which really helps with understanding grammar, teaching methodology etc - I'm sure I could transfer it over to English teaching easily enough.

Has anyone been through a similar thing?

I just need an employer to have faith and sponsor my visa.

Have you read the posts in this thread?: Indemnizacion

Or this (posted this past Monday)?:

I woke up this morning, and the institute said they are revoking the offer!!! After a month long process of saying they will help me out with I'mmigration and providing me a pre contact.

In any case, Ï think Dr. Rubliar's reply (in the previous post) provides the clearest explaination possible why most institutes would be reculant to hire any foreigners and sponsor them for a "work visa"in Argentina.

And it appears (from Gabrielber's post) that the number of them who might be willing to do so is shrinking.

To sponsor you the employer has to apply for a permit at immigration and this means immigration agents inspecting his busisness and fining him in 10.000 usd for every irregular worker he might have the first time, and 20.000 the second. So, nobody wants that as soon as 50 % of his employed are usually under the table.

Yes, this is true. Plus I think it opens you up to scrutiny from other entities. Year ago, I sponsored someone similar to what you're looking for. I was doing everything in white so I didn't think there would be any hassles even if we had an inspection. AFIP went through our books and even they were impressed with everything we were doing in white. But then I can't remember which entity came through for another inspection and it turns out we had some computers that our office manager installed Microsoft Office software that wasn't all registered. So it was a major hassle as I had to buy Microsoft Office licenses for EACH computer. That was a pain.

Judging from your post and how long you posted it, you probably had a hard time. Most employers will probably not want to hassle with this. Many employers are paying under the table in black. Let us know how things turned out.

I've had 3 interviews, there are a lot of places here that do outsourced content and technical writing, it seems. I'm waiting to hear back from 2 of them, the 1st one tried to underpay me very badly (only 20k pesos per month for a skilled bilingual position). All of them offered visa sponsorship and I was clear from the start that I wasn't interested otherwise.

I am a career freelance writer though so I don't think this could be easily replicable if someone doesn't have a writing career.

Back