Looking To Learn Mandarin In Buenos Aires

Susa Na

Registered
Hi there,
I'm Portuguese and have been living in between Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro for the past 3 years.
Around March I'm off to work at a film festival in Shanghai for a couple of months and would love to take the opportunity to learn some basic Mandarin before getting there.
Anyone willing to exchange portuguese for mandarin classes? Any private teacher recommendation? Classes can either be in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
Thank you!

CREO QUE HAY CLASES DE CHINO EN EL CLUB ARGENTINO DE AJEDREZ (PARAGUAY Y CALLAO) LOS SABADOS POR LA MAÑANA.

Henry, please use lower case. Thanks.

UBA has mandarin classes. Could work if you put your mind to it. I attended chinese classes for a couple of months before I gave up.

I have been taking classes with Iboux (www.iboux.com) - I think they also have a Brazilian website (since you mentioned you're Portuguese): www.iboux.com.br. My teacher is awesome - I also had to travel to Shanghai in November and she customized a 2-weeks intensive crash course for my trip. I am taking one weekly class at the moment as I have to go back to China. Prior to this, I had also given up on a few Chinese group courses... Now I'm heading towards the end of level 1 and I can read and write and have basic conversations. Good luck and 再见!

I have been taking classes with Iboux (www.iboux.com) - I think they also have a Brazilian website (since you mentioned you're Portuguese): www.iboux.com.br. My teacher is awesome - I also had to travel to Shanghai in November and she customized a 2-weeks intensive crash course for my trip. I am taking one weekly class at the moment as I have to go back to China. Prior to this, I had also given up on a few Chinese group courses... Now I'm heading towards the end of level 1 and I can read and write and have basic conversations. Good luck and 再见!

ahh... soon more Chinese can speaka da English... so no worries.

I also suggest taking Mandarin classes from native speakers through skype, It took me some time to find a school that actually forces you to speak instead of just following a book. During the lesson they write down all the words and exp<b></b>ressions you learn and post it to your personal website (including a voice recording of the pronunciation) so that next lesson you can review with them. Have a look at mandarincafe.com. You will be limited to evening and early morning hours due to time difference with Shanghai though. Success, and don't give up, it is do-able...

For March 2015, right?
I work with Chinese people the whole day and to speak it is damm dificult.

Back