Mañana VAMOS U-S-A, U-S-A!

GlobeTrotterFL

Registered
¡Hola todos!

My name is Billy Anderson, I am a 25 year-old American trying to set up shop in Buenos Aires (and need work as soon as possible).

After graduating from Wake Forest University in North Carolina with a degree in Business I decided to forget the American dream and go abroad. So, I spun the globe, closed my eyes and put my finger down. Landing on New Zealand in March of 2008 I leaving on a (one way) jet plane headed for Auckland for what I thought might be 9 months and...well...here I am.

I decided on coming to Argentina because I wanted to tackle South America and learn spanish...and perhaps there is also a girl involved. So here I am, slowly becoming broke while enjoying my time here in Buenos Aires (despite being robbed my third day here). I am staying in a hostel in Recoleta so if anyone knows of a place for less than 300USD/month please let me know. BUT much more importantly and urgently, I need a job! So, while I am at it I might as well advertise my abilities for the job market (repeating my post in the "Jobs Fourm")...

Por trabajos.

I have many abilities and lots of experience in everything from bar work to tutoring to teaching windsurfing and SCUBA diving.

I have a degree in Business with my passion laying in marketing (my school, Wake Forest University, did not offer a Marketing major). I have been traveling the world for almost two and a half years now and have worked in many different fields with most of my work abroad experience falling in the tourism and marketing industries.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I am a people person to the max! In every situation I bring a smile and my best effort to the table and I have a huge appetite for learning new and exciting skills.

If you have or know of any job opportunities for a young native English speaking American (with a bit of spanish knowledge) please shot me an email at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you and...recuerdo mañana VAMOS U-S-A, U-S-A!

Cheers!

Billy Anderson

You could come to South America or Argentina for many reasons but to find a job would not be one of them. Its very difficult to find work even for highly skilled natives and when successful the pay they make is often very low. Good luck, let us know how you do.

¡Hola todos!

My name is Billy Anderson, I am a 55 year-old American trying to UNDERSTAND WHY i WENT TO Buenos Aires 30 YEARS AGO.

After graduating from Wake Forest University in North Carolina with a degree in Business I decided to forget the American dream and go abroad. So, I spun the globe, closed my eyes and put my finger down. Landing on New Zealand in March of 2008 I leaving on a (one way) jet plane headed for Auckland for what I thought might be 9 months ( I forget why)and...well...there I was.

I decided on coming to Argentina because I had wanted to tackle South America and learn spanish...and perhaps there was also a girl involved. I NOW FORGET HER NAME, IT WAS JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS, I HAVE FORGOTTEN WHY. So there I was, slowly becoming broke while enjoying my time there in Buenos Aires (despite being robbed my third day here). I was staying in a hostel in Recoleta . BUT much more importantly and urgently, I needed a job! So, while I was at it I thought I might as well advertise my abilities for the job market (repeating my post in the "Jobs Fourm")...

Anyone knows why I came, I am trying to make sense of my life?

Back