Macri Dumping Presidential Aircraft Fleet

Gringoboy

Registered
In keeping with the all things Argentina theme, interesting to note how the president is pretty much reversing the trend set by his predecessor.
He'll be travelling by regular airlines in future or private jet where necessary.
Also interesting to see Prat Gay (still can't get used to that name) lunching at a self service in Davos, but they all wear the same ties (Half Life 3 confirmed)
Naturally, many Argentines are still suspicious along the lines of ´We've seen it all before´ but gestures like this are pretty concrete.
Are we heading for austerity Spain/Greece style?

I think the government simply can't afford the luxuries. Argentina is broke and I see it as a positive that instead of going "you need to tighten your belt while we throw ourselves parties" to the populace Macri and his admin are taking steps, visible to the public, to cut cost. Whether they're really cutting cost (like Pray Gay eating a relatively cheaper meal) or its a show for when the cameras are around is anyone's guess. Since I don't think Macri is "Militar Party" and a dictator, I have positive feelings about this. A Kirchnerista on the other hand might be getting his panties in a twist trying to come up with some conspiracy theory.

Also interesting to see Prat Gay (still can't get used to that name)

We always joke that he might be a distant relative of my husband's family -- their last name is Gay as well -- it's a Basque French name. In Argentina there's very few with the name.

Prat is probably his dad's last name, Gay the mum's. I bet it was originally Pratt, though the Prat with one T is also common in the Basque region I believe.

It's still not as odd of a combo as our son has to be honest, who got the Gay from my husband + my Scottish "-son" last name.

Back