Macri's hilarious speech

Many of my Argentine friends said he is starting to look like a clown, made the situation worse after CFK. Now Argentina is facing whether to let CFK come back or let Macri ruin the country further, both options are poison. They think the inflation in 2018 was 50%.

What really puzzling me is the reason why he is printing so much money, and trying to hide it by maintaining the currency convert rate fixed. He is not going to fool anyone. China has been doing the same. But China has a lot more foreign reserve and big trade surplus with the west. For the past 2 years, it has become very difficult for China to maintain the exchange rate, they pretty much made it illegal for people to convert RMB to dollars.

One of the reasons Macri printed so much peso could be the fact that he does not really care about the poor people. He may make a few videos to show that he cares, but in his policy, he does not give a rat's ass of the average people. I am very disappointed in him.

Last edited:
Sergio, it's not "hilarious" - it is tragic. Sounds like you view events in Argentina from a safe distance, but those of us rooted here find nothing "hilarious" in the current situation. People are struggling and discouraged, with no end in sight.

Sergio, it's not "hilarious" - it is tragic. Sounds like you view events in Argentina from a safe distance, but those of us rooted here find nothing "hilarious" in the current situation. People are struggling and discouraged, with no end in sight.

I used what is called "irony". You missed the subtlety.

I used what is called "irony". You missed the subtlety.
No, I did not miss the irony. Still, a flippant comment does not feel right when so many can't make ends meet. This is the first time I've seen people really desperate. They face a dismal choice between Macri or Cristina, and the future looks black indeed.

No, I did not miss the irony. Still, a flippant comment does not feel right when so many can't make ends meet. This is the first time I've seen people really desperate. They face a dismal choice between Macri or Cristina, and the future looks black indeed.

Apparently you weren't in Argentina during the last crisis of 2001. I will never forget how truly desperate people were - and it caused me a lot of financial trouble as well. Sorry that you don't like the video (clearly meant to be humorous) however it's my view that even in the darkest moment a little levity is appropriate.

Apparently you weren't in Argentina during the last crisis of 2001. I will never forget how truly desperate people were - and it caused me a lot of financial trouble as well. Sorry that you don't like the video (clearly meant to be humorous) however it's my view that even in the darkest moment a little levity is appropriate.
I was in Argentina in 2001. The mood is different now - there's a feeling of hopelessness. I'm not in financial trouble (yet), but am helping out four people who are at the end of their rope. The end of my own rope may be near, for all I know. Hallelujah....!

I was in Argentina in 2001. The mood is different now - there's a feeling of hopelessness. I'm not in financial trouble (yet), but am helping out four people who are at the end of their rope. The end of my own rope may be near, for all I know. Hallelujah....!

There is no hope in the people on the street and this is fundamental for society to progress. What choices have they got savage capitalism or crazy communism . Peoples wages have been decimated in the last year and even in Bolivia the minimal wage is higher than Argentina .

It was terrible in 2001. People lost their life savings when the banks froze accounts and converted dollar accounts to devalued pesos. I remember walking into a restaurant and there was one diner at peak time. People couldn't get access to their money, what was left of it.

Back