Mailing A Legal Prescription To Buenos Aires

cruizes

Registered
Does anyone kow the rules about a friend shipping me refills of my legal prescriptions from the USA to me in Buenos Aires? What would be the best way with less red tape I.e. UPS, FedEx etc. Thanks guys.

Does anyone kow the rules about a friend shipping me refills of my legal prescriptions from the USA to me in Buenos Aires? What would be the best way with less red tape I.e. UPS, FedEx etc. Thanks guys.
I don´t think you need anything but regular priority mail by USPS. They look for cash, checks,e tc not prescriptions. Just tell him to put it inside a Greetings Card or similar and you should be fine.

If it were me, that's the kind of thing I have friends fill there and then bring me when they visit. I'm not so sure that they wouldn't confiscate it at Adouanes if you try and have it sent. Your obviously talking about the meds, not just the paper..I've heard stories regarding shipped meds.
Having said this, once I had to send some meds to my son in Australia at the time, that were illegal there. I bought a few tins of Altoids , some candies and Chanukah candles, put te meds in the Altoids tins and wrapped everything as a Chanukah present. It wasn't anywhere close to Hanukkah but figured the customs workers wouldn't know that or even what Hanukkah was! I was right!

I once ordered vitamins online and they were held for ransom in Ezeiza. I had to ask a doctor here in Buenos Aires write me a prescription for the vitamins before customs would give them to me. See if you can get a local doctor to write a prescription for the meds that are being sent you and when you go to pick them up you show them the doctor's prescription.

If this prescription is critically important, you probably don't want to trust Argentine customs with it.

Back