Mailing Letter Back Home

duanestorey

Registered
I need to mail a few pages back to Canada from Buenos Aires. I looked at FedEx, but don't really want to pay $40 USD. So I'm thinking of using normal airmail.

Where does one go to mail something like that? Someone mentioned some of the locoturios offer mail services?

Thanks.

I mailed a postcard to my grandson last summer, and it arrived six weeks later. This has been my only experience using regular mail. I have since used FEDEX twice for important documents.

When I mailed a letter back to the US I remember it arrived in like 1 or 2 weeks and I remember it wasn't super cheap.... something like U$ 5 for a normal weight letter!

You can mail it at the shops that have the blue strip around them saying correo argentino as well. The wait at the real post offices are long while the shops can take you almost immediately. The last time I mailed a letter to the US, certified, it cost about 36 pesos. This also gives you tracking. Without tracking, it costs 6 pesos and there is no guarantee it will arrive. I've had some mailed for 6 pesos that did get there but others were lost.

The Canadian mail service may be bad, but a postcard or letter to Europe (have sent some 25 by ordinary Argentino correo) arrives after 7 to 9 days.

I work as a guide and often many shops selling postcards also sell DHL stamps, their own stamps and you can mail cards(at least) at lower than correo argentino prices
about enveloppes with paper im not sure but worth a look
suerte!

Back