Making a Credit Card Payment After La Fecha de Vencimiento

steveinbsas

Registered
I usually pay my entire Argentine credit card balance in full each month. I paid the minimum amount due last Friday as I was waiting for a transfer to be completed before I could pay the entire balance.

The transfer was completed on Tuesday but I couldn't connect to the bank's (Santander Rio) website to make the full payment. The last day to make a payment (la fecha de vencimiento) on line was also Tuesday. I made a lot of purchases on Mercado Libre in early May as the peso was dropping in value and before (at least some of) the sellers raised their prices.

Does anyone happen to know if it's possible to make a payment in person at the bank at any time during the month? I hate the idea of paying interest on the balance (and IVA on the interest!) even more than I hate the idea of going to Bahia Blanca just to wait in line at the bank...but I'll do so if that's what it takes. 1528409308424.png

PS: Yes, I thought of calling the bank and I added $50 pesos to my celular this afternoon using the bank's website, but I have yet to receive the credit on my phone.

i think you can but you need to bring with you somewhat of a "stub" that comes in the same envelope as the credit cards bill. i dont know if im making any sense. it has your cards information and a blank space you can fill with the amount you want to pay. at least banco nacion does this.

i think you can but you need to bring with you somewhat of a "stub" that comes in the same envelope as the credit cards bill. i dont know if im making any sense. it has your cards information and a blank space you can fill with the amount you want to pay. at least banco nacion does this.

Thanks for the reply. I don't receive a paper statemen. I'd just like to know if I can pay at the bank in person at the caja with a live teller since I can't pay on line until the current billing cycle ends. The amount is much too high (about 40K) to withdraw cash from an ATM and then pay the using deposit/payment envelopes in an automatic teller.

Steve, we regularly pay AMEX and BBVA VISA at the teller cage, using a pay stub that is on the last page of the online statement. There is no restriction on when we can pay, and it's always credited within a couple of days.

Steve, we regularly pay AMEX and BBVA VISA at the teller cage, using a pay stub that is on the last page of the online statement. There is no restriction on when we can pay, and it's always credited within a couple of days.
what he said. You can also pay more on Pagomiscuentas: you enter the cc number, amount and voila!

what he said. You can also pay more on Pagomiscuentas: you enter the cc number, amount and voila!

Thanks, Nikad!

I was able to log on to my bank account on line and make the payment using Pagomiscuentas and my tarjeta de coordenadas in less than two minutes!

PS: I knew that pagomisquentas was accessible within my online account but I did NOT know I could use it to pay my credit card!

Last edited:
Thanks, Nikad!

I was able to log on to my bank account on line and make the payment using Pagomiscuentas and my tarjeta de coordenadas in less than two minutes!

PS: I knew that pagomisquentas was accessible within my online account but I did NOT know I could use it to pay my credit card!
I always pay my credit cards using pagomiscuentas ;)

Back