Making The Argentine Government Look Sane

camberiu

Registered
Yes, Cristina does some weird stuff. Kicillof might have a few lose bolts in his head. The Argentine government in general can seem very bi-polar and outright schizophrenic more often than not. That is all granted.

But then you get news like this, and I cannot help but wonder if people here are actually a bit more sane than the people over there.

The Marathon County, Wisconsin, government sent a MILITARY ARMORED TRUCK and 24 SWAT officers in full body armor and assault gear to collect a CIVIL fine from a 75 year old man with no previous criminal record.

Armored vehicle sent to collect civil fine from 75-year-old in small town

Here is a video of the truck in question:
http://youtu.be/oR86HYjY1CE

"""People may not always understand why, but an armored vehicle is almost a necessity now."
--Marathon County Sherriff

Apparently, the most recent murder to take place Marathon county happened in 2006.

Welcome to the United Police States of America. That armored car was probably paid for by money confiscated under the Civil Forfeiture Law where civilians who are "presumed" to be breaking the law are quickly separated from their property, including cash, without due process.

Well, some people do fight back. This dude is probably one of the bravest people alive in the United States today. Kudos to him for standing up for his rights, even while having two guns trained on him. I very much doubt I would have had this much courage if I was on his shoes. If your blood does not boil while watching this video, you are not human.

http://youtu.be/CiJbHiQTe2c

Welcome to the United Police States of America. That armored car was probably paid for by money confiscated under the Civil Forfeiture Law where civilians who are "presumed" to be breaking the law are quickly separated from their property, including cash, without due process.

That armored car was paid for by the American taxpayers, and probably given to Marathon County by the military, in their program to provide overkill to police agencies in boonieville USA.

Some agencies have tried to return weapons, and find themselves facing massive fees if they wish to do so.

Catch-22!

That armored car was paid for by the American taxpayers, and probably given to Marathon County by the military, in their program to provide overkill to police agencies in boonieville USA.

Some agencies have tried to return weapons, and find themselves facing massive fees if they wish to do so.

Catch-22!

The federal government was not forcing this equipment down the local government throats. It is the county government that needs to initiate the request to the DHS for the military equipment.

The federal government was not forcing this equipment down the local government throats. It is the county government that needs to initiate the request to the DHS for the military equipment.

I was practicing brevity, but can elaborate.

Fascist Sheriff Bob wants a tank, manages to convince local gubmint they need it, so they ask Uncle Sam for one. Uncle Sam is more than happy to have out of control police agencies armed to the teeth with weapons they have no business ever considering, so they send a tank AND a few rocket launchers AND a case of M14s. (Providing items not requested along with legitimate requests has indeed happened under this program - I'm too busy to find the certification, sorry.)

Two years later, Fascist Sheriff Bob is replaced by sane Sheriff Fred after an embarrassing event where a two-year-old is blown away by a 50mm tank round fired by some overzealous Bubba in a raid at a mistaken address when they are serving a warrant for ignored jaywalking offences.

Now they want to get rid of this pointless gear. Guess what? Uncle Sam won't just send a tank jockey and a deuce-and-a-half to come pick up the goods. The county/city/whatever are expected to pay to have it shipped, and are liable for any "administrative fees" (generally in the 10s of thousands) that are deemed necessary to get this stuff back into an armory where it belongs.

I have read recently in an article in a reputable souce (NYT?) that this sort of occurrence is becoming commonplace. My question is this: "Why exactly does the US government want these pissant agencies to have this materiel so badly that they refuse to take it back without a fight?" And, no, I don't have a tin-foil hat.

And, no, I don't have a tin-foil hat.

I don't think you need one to see what is coming down the pipe.

Facism.jpeg

Annnndd now i want one(what kind of mpg does it get?) never mind never mind...... Dear Santa....... :D

Back