Making The Move To Bs As - Tips? Experiences?

scarlets_walk02

Registered
Hello everyone!!

I would like to start by saying that i am new to this group so i hope you guys bear with me if i seem a little confused and lost. :D

W that being said.... I would love to get some tips, read your stories about moving to Bs As... and how you guys are doing it.
I am sure Argentina is my place in the world and i am in the process of sorting out my life in the states in order to make the move, but.... it honestly scares me a little since i havent been there for more than just a few weeks on "vacation" and let’s be realistic, one thing is to live there and another just to go for fun.
I have recently tried to contact a few HR people to get some insight about job requirements and such but i seem to get no answers anywhere. I hope maybe some of you might be able to enlighten me on the subject. My main concern is finding a job, everything else I know can be solved by talking to some people and having the right amount of cash on hand to deal with tenants, (or correct me if im wrong).
For those that moved, how was your experience? How long did it take you to plan moving?
As you can tell, I am a bit disoriented about it, I hope some of you can give me a hand!!! It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Hello everyone!!

I would like to start by saying that i am new to this group so i hope you guys bear with me if i seem a little confused and lost. :D

W that being said.... I would love to get some tips, read your stories about moving to Bs As... and how you guys are doing it.
I am sure Argentina is my place in the world and i am in the process of sorting out my life in the states in order to make the move, but.... it honestly scares me a little since i havent been there for more than just a few weeks on "vacation" and let’s be realistic, one thing is to live there and another just to go for fun.
I have recently tried to contact a few HR people to get some insight about job requirements and such but i seem to get no answers anywhere. I hope maybe some of you might be able to enlighten me on the subject. My main concern is finding a job, everything else I know can be solved by talking to some people and having the right amount of cash on hand to deal with tenants, (or correct me if im wrong).
For those that moved, how was your experience? How long did it take you to plan moving?
As you can tell, I am a bit disoriented about it, I hope some of you can give me a hand!!! It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
Please come here.

First things first, begin by reading old posts here, then ask questions. We've all been asked the same questions a million times, so please do a little homework first.
Nancy

A great way to do this is by using the advance search feature of the site. Click on the sprocket next to the magnifying glass (near the top of the page).

To get started enter the word "moving" in the "find words" box.

Search "in titles only" and display the results as a topic list.

You can repeat the process with other key words/phrases such as residency, work (visa), rent, and crime.
emo32.gif

Yes, agreed with all of the above. Everyone here has been through the confusion and excitement of moving to BA, and much of it has been posted and answered here. You will get the most assistance from this site if you do some general research first and then ask very specific questions. All of the details about jobs (teaching English!), which neighborhood to move to, Spanish lessons, getting residency, etc. have been covered in great detail and updated as things change.

I think we scared someone off!

It seems like there should be a bright and shiny link for newbies at the top of the baexpats home page that says
IF YOU'RE THINKING OF MOVING TO ARGENTINA, START HERE
with links to the most popular, common, comprehensive and updated posts

I think we scared someone off!

It seems like there should be a bright and shiny link for newbies at the top of the baexpats home page that says
IF YOU'RE THINKING OF MOVING TO ARGENTINA, START HERE
with links to the most popular, common, comprehensive and updated posts
I think it was a 5 minute thought, then totally forgotten, like most of the time people ask that question.
N

Back