Mandatory That Entry Fee Be Paid On-Line?

Risu

Registered
Friends coming from Australia have asked about the following, can anyone confirm? We paid the fee at the airport upon arrival several years ago.

Important Information for CustomersTraveling to Argentina

February 26, 2013—Canadian, American, and Australian travelers arriving in Argentina at either Ezeiza or Jorge Newberry airports in Buenos Aires are required to pay an entry fee upon arrival in the country. It is now mandatory that the fee be paid in advance online.
If the fee is not paid in advance, and proof of payment is not provided upon arrival, travelers will be denied entry into Argentina.
To pay your entry fee online, you need to create an account on Provincia Pagos. Be sure to print out your receipt as proof of payment and take with you to Argentina.

It has been posted that they no longer keep PCs available for travelers that forgot to pay beforehand and were able to do so at the last minute. They removed that possibility and now demand it be done beforehand. Someone posted that tourists had been refused entry to the country and either rerouted or returned.

Couldn't be more unfriendly (read moronic) if you ask me. But I just live here, I don't make policy.

. But I just live here, I don't make policy.

It would be great to have you run for the elections whenever they are done next.

Can an Argentine go and apply for tourist visa on arrival in US? Or must he apply for it prior leaving Argenina.

Or can a Argentine go and deposit US visa fees at time of his interview at the embassy or must he deposit prior his interview at the embassy?

I wont be surprised, if soon Argentina will start a mandatory visa for Americans a la Brazil.

It has been posted that they no longer keep PCs acailable for travelers that forgot to pay beforehand and were able to do so at the last minute. They removed that possibility and now demand it be done beforehand. Someone posted that tourists had been refused entry to the country and either rerouted or returned.

Couldn't be more unfriendly (read moronic) if you ask me. But I just live here, I don't make policy.

Yeah i read an article about a mexican/american with dual nationality who came here with his wife. He didn't need to pay (came in on his mexican passport) but his wife hadn't paid before hand so he went back to america with his wife along with 3-4 other tourists/businessmen who hadn't paid beforehand either.

He was due to give a talk at some university but ended up sending a video to them instead but he never had his business meeting with an Argentine company (could have been YPF?) and thus couldn't pass possible investment opportunities to other businessmen in the states.

my google-fu is poor today so i've not found it again.
Its messed up how retarded the bureaucracy here in Argentina is.

Its messed up how retarded the bureaucracy here in Argentina is.
The government in Argentina has gone Full Retard. Everyone knows you never go Full Retard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HwwynbG7pQ

sean-penn-1-580x455.jpg

It would be great to have you run for the elections whenever they are done next.

Can an Argentine go and apply for tourist visa on arrival in US? Or must he apply for it prior leaving Argenina.

Or can a Argentine go and deposit US visa fees at time of his interview at the embassy or must he deposit prior his interview at the embassy?

I wont be surprised, if soon Argentina will start a mandatory visa for Americans a la Brazil.

The so-called "reciprocity fee" (read, "retaliation fee") is not a visa, but it wouldn't be surprising if Argentina undertook such a stupidity. Chile, on the other hand, should soon be eliminating its own "reciprocity" charge: http://tinyurl.com/mq4xcyv

Practically speaking, the airlines usually don't let you board the plane unless you've paid it. On both my last 2 times I've flown here, I've had to show my DNI before being allowed on the flight - once at check-in, and once at the gate.

The nice thing about electronic payment to Provincia Pagos is the convenience of having the money go straight into Cristina's Swiss bank account with out having a lot skimmed off by pesky immigration officers.

The problem was that, at border crossings more remote, the money would have gone straight into the pockets of the Gendarmería (who, in any event, are only borderline literate and can't enforce any complex system). Chile long ago decided it wasn't worth the trouble to collect anywhere other than Santiago, even though the Carabineros at remote border posts are scrupulously honest (though rather more capable than the gendarmes).

Back