March 17th celebration anyone ? :)

Johnno

Registered
Hi all,

Since my dad was born in Ireland and I have irish relatives all over the place I thought it would probably make sense that I suggest a bit of a get together for drinks tomorrow night...

I'm thinking Kilkenny myself - both the bar - and the drink (if its on tap)...

If anyone is interested maybe we could kick off about 7pm and just keep drinking till we drop ?

I was going to call it ''St Pats'' but I am heathen (Odinist) and don't buy into the whole xtianity thing - for me this is about celebrating our celtic ancestry (those of us who have it) and for those of us who don't have celtic ancestry maybe they could shout the first round ? :) lol

(Seems fair to me anyway :)

Okay - I'll probably turn up with about 7 or 8 of my local crew - and myself of course - and hopefully I'll see a few of you guys there as well...

Johnno :)

Okay - sorry gang - update coming soon - apparently its 80 pesos just to get in the door tomorrow night at Kilkenny - I'll come up with a ''Plan B'' and post soon - lets face it, WHO wants to spend 80 pesos of drinking money just to get in the door ? :)

Okay - its 1am here - and I need to sleep - I guess we have to play it by ear and the closest place to Kilkenny that ISNT' charging 80 pesos for admittance on the night will be the go :) lol

Best place to be - will be Breoghans in san telmo - Just off Defensa, between Chile and Independencia, side street, Pasaje San Lorenzo.......I'll be there around 10.... (and at lunch time 12-2 if anyone is around early, and wants to avoid the rush.

Speaking of this, where can I stock up on the supplies necessary for a car bomb?

I'm talking about the drink, of course. I live in Palermo and studied in Cork, Ireland for a while back in university...

We don't drink those in Ireland - We used them for other purposes.... An American Invention...

The Guinness you can but at most Supermarkets - As you can Irish Whiskey and Baileys. here's a thought, imported Jameson's is cheaper here than it is in Ireland - Go figure!

I haven't been able to find Baileys in the nearest Disco, Coto, or Carefour. Is there a substitute (Bols chocolate)?

sam3g said:
I haven't been able to find Baileys in the nearest Disco, Coto, or Carefour. Is there a substitute (Bols chocolate)?

I see Baileys everywhere. Where do you live? I've seen it at virtually every supermercado in Palermo and Recoleta, both small stores and the chains.

I really should have just told everyone the party was at my place - we all got so wasted we didn't get downtown or anywhere - ended up with about 12 people smashed and passed out all over my apartment instead :)

I am pleased to report the night was a complete success - although the need for a resupply mission to Coto is much needed - there doesn't seem to be much alcohol left in the place at all :) lol

Back