March Book,intl. Prize Winner:"americanah" By C. Adichie

Alicia karr

Registered
Greetings everyone! After a spectacular Feb. book and meeting it was a challenge to come up with something equally good, but here goes: Nigerian Chimamanda Adichie's "Americanah". Published internationally in 2013 it has since won 2013 National Book Critics Circle Award, New York Times Notable Book of 2013, The Chicago Tribune Heartland Prize for fiction, short listed as one of the best books of the 21st century (so far!) and is currently a nominee for the 2015 Dublin Literary Award. Written by internationally acclaimed and previously prizewinning Nigerian author of "Half of a Yellow Sun" , the San Francisco chronicle says this about Americanah:"dazzling....funny and defiant, simultaneously so wise".
Please join us to discuss this book about a Nigerian woman's expat and repat experience on Wednesday March 25 at 7:00pm in Recoleta. Our meetings are part talking and part eating and drinking (one of the best kept culinary secrets of BsAs). All attendees bring something (wine/beer) to drink (I provide soft drinks) and a main dish or dessert for the pot luck dinner.
Please RSVP here with what dish you'd like to bring, and if you're new to the book club I'll PM you the contact info. for the meeting.
Happy reading!

Looking forward to the book club this Wednesday - great book! I will be bringing dessert!

Back