March Madness

PA in BA

Registered
Any thoughts on a good place to watch some NCAA basketball this week?

Go Bucknell Bison!

Ray

C'mon, nobody is rooting on their alma mater tomorrow? I'd prefer not to watch online, but I'm only here a few weeks and haven't come across an obvious sports bar for American games.

Many thanks in advance.

Sugar on Costa Rica in Palermo and El Alamo on Uruguay are the go-to bars for American sports. I slightly prefer Sugar, but both are okay.

PA in BA said:
C'mon, nobody is rooting on their alma mater tomorrow? I'd prefer not to watch online, but I'm only here a few weeks and haven't come across an obvious sports bar for American games.

Many thanks in advance.

perhaps you can team up and watch some games with obama. lord knows there is nothing more important going on in the country and the world right now. no matter what happens, this joke of a president always seems to find time to play basketball, play golf and sometimes play president.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/16/obama-bracket-2011-ncaa-tournament_n_836595.html

Well I will stay out of the politics here, but Casabar at santa fe y pena (I think - 1 street over from callao) shows a lot of US sports.

For live via satellite NCAA tournament action, El Alamo is the ONLY place in Argentina to watch all the games. Other bars are only able to show the games using unreliable and/or crappy internet feeds.

ElAlamoBar said:
For live via satellite NCAA tournament action, El Alamo is the ONLY place in Argentina to watch all the games. Other bars are only able to show the games using unreliable and/or crappy internet feeds.

Unreliable and Crappy like your bathrooms?:mad:

ElAlamoBar said:
As long as you are speaking about crappy things...
1. The hygiene at your bar is crappy. I suggest that anyone who makes the mistake of going there look inside the kitchen before ordering any of the crappy food.
2. The lack of hygiene extends to the amateur bartenders and waitresses who handle money constantly and then put their hands on the lips of glasses and beer mugs. I have seen the bartender use his hands to put ice into a glass. What kind of crappy training does mgmt provide its staff?
3. Why do you permit smoking (and even encourage it by having bartenders smoke while tending bar)? Is it legally permissable to do so on the bottom floor? Whether it is legal, which I doubt, or not it makes for a crappy smoke filled environment.
4. On the 3 or 4 occasions in which I have attempted to endure a football telecast at your bar, the average age of patrons seemed to be about 23 and the overwhelming percentage of them are Argentines looking to intermingle with English speakers. Many have no real interest in the broadcast. Consequently , the noise level is high and no broadcast audio can be heard or even offered. That might be attractive to a certain kind of patron, but for a sports enthusiast it is crappy to have so much loud noise and chatter unrelated to the broadcast event.

You seem to think that the quality of your internet feed outweighs everything else when it comes to enjoying time in a pub. In my opinion it does not. From my perspective you run a crappy joint with crappy food and a crappy smoke filled, loud environment. You may be successful, but I would never recommend a real sports fan to go to your joint.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
devonmiller1 Expat Life 1
S Newcomers Forum 0
D Newcomers Forum 0
P Entertainment 3
O Expat Life 1
Back