Mattress Recommendation.

nlaruccia

Registered
Well, after three years my crappy Cannon mattress I bought here has a canyon in it. I have scoliosis and was looking into buying a high density foam mattress. Is Kingkoil or Springwall any good? Can anyone recommend a good mattress or where I should go in Capital to buy one?

Well, after three years my crappy Cannon mattress I bought here has a canyon in it. I have scoliosis and was looking into buying a high density foam mattress. Is Kingkoil or Springwall any good? Can anyone recommend a good mattress or where I should go in Capital to buy one?

Hello you might want to try this site. It is recommended by some friends.
http://www.simmons.com.ar/backcare/product-detail-extrafirm.php

I'll give them a call. I didn't know there was a Simmons in Argentina. Thanks for the recommendation.

We browsed the various Cannon, Simmons, Piero, Springwall and then went for the last one.
As far as quality, the best are Simmons and Springwall, and we choose model BL-600 because we liked it. You just have to try and see for yourself the model that might suit you better. Also, in my opinion it is important to buy a cushion to go with the mattress, according to its firmness and your preference.
We are using our old cushions and honestly we gotta buy new ones because they are too low for this mattress!

There is a Simmons outlet here in San Isidro on Av. Centenario, it should be cheaper than the regular stores (such as the one at Jumbo and other premium locations), but I don't really know.
I saw also a Springwall outlet but I cannot remember where.

Today I happened to walk a Springwall and they tried to sell me a $12.000 peso mattress with sommier. Mama mia! It better have dollars hidden inside the mattress.

You don't need to buy a new sommier, just a new mattress. I recommend La Cardeuse which has stores in many locations.

I can vouch for the quality of their high density foam mattress D'Oro line. I bought a queen sized set 150x190 in March 2001, when the cost was $554 cash including a mattress cover and two fiberfill pillows and free delivery to my 5th floor apartment. The mattress is in perfect condition. I went to their Av. Belgrano store last week to buy a new mattress cover -- 525 pesos for a charge, 420 pesos for cash. The store displays only their high-end models with thick pillow tops in king-size. They make beds in dozens of sizes that you'll find on their website.

http://lacardeuse.com.ar - select products from the menu and then espuma for bedding and then one of the lines (from high end to economy). The price is quoted for dozens of widths and densities in a set or mattress only. The D'Oro line mattress 150x190x21 is 4,842 pesos which comes to under $400US. A high quality mattress is worth the investment and will last many years. I've had mine for almost 14 years. I made a good investment in 2001.

We have a Rosen with sommier and are very happy with it, although we've only had it 2 years. So far it's held up really well... it's a little more firm than I thought it would be when we tried it in store, but that may be for the best since I have a tendency to sleep on my stomach and on a soft bed that causes back pain. I have no pain or aches with this one. It was expensive, but worth it.

It's been my experience that the mattresses in malls are overpriced. You can find the same model elsewhere. Whatever brand you ultimately decide to buy, make sure the store has a good guarantee should any problems arise.

Thanks for the recommendations. Actually, I need to buy a sommier because I'm changing from my twin size bed to a full size. The Salvation Army will be happy to get my bed and sommier.

I bought a mattress at av coronel diaz, near guemes street, on the right side if you walk like the traffic. The name of the store is something about "arco iris". I told the woman who finally sold it what I wanted and needed, she recommended a matress with a density of 30 - something. She offered me one of the mattesses on exhibition and I tried it. I bought it and almost 10 years ago and it is in mint condition. Much cheaper than brand names like Rosen or Simmons.

Anyone heard of "Fabre" mattresses?.

Was checking out today and was quoted like 15K for a queen size.

Back