Maximum visa runs to Uruguay

15 years in prison for spreading COVID across borders? Lol, a rapist/murderer is back walking the streets within a few years in Argentina. Let's not be silly now.

Exactly the case. I got shit from some grumpy broad boarding the buque on my way back from Colonia on my first and only trip. I had a dozen stamps in my passport coming in and out of Argentina twice a year and staying for a month on average over half a dozen years, and she had a hutzpah to tell me that I wasn't a tourist but a resident and gotta go apply for a residency visa or I won't be allowed back into Argentina next time, which was a complete BS...But if you hit someone like that, there is no reasoning with them, they enjoy having their power over the rich bastards that can afford a nice life style:). In any situation in this country never forget that common sense, logic and laws do not apply...Overstaying is safer, easier and cheaper, just pay the fine on the way out. Or if you only want 6 months stay at a time, just pay for extension in immigration...
Yeah by the sounds of it you got the same woman as me. Young ish woman who seemingly can’t read a passport very well, as I had only 4 different entry stamps into Argentina over a period of about 2 years ( I had been living in and out of the country) so in other words my situation was completely legal and fine. She also told me I wouldn’t be allowed in next time (complete and utter bs). As you say, they love to try and intimidate the gringo

Last edited:
Yeah by the sounds of it you got the same woman as me. Young ish woman who seemingly can’t read a passport very well, as I had only 4 different entry stamps into Argentina over a period of about 2 years ( I had been living in and out of the country) so in other words my situation was completely legal and fine. She also told me I wouldn’t be allowed in next time (complete and utter bs). As you say, they love to try and intimidate the gringo
fits the description...she needs to get laid and get a life:):):)

.......This was a general question for future reference (A year later)
In that case the time in jail is 3 years:
Criminal Code ARTICULO 205. - Será reprimido con prisión de seis meses a dos años, el que violare las medidas adoptadas por las autoridades competentes, para impedir la introducción o propagación de una epidemia.
The Immigration building where you apply for legal residency used to be the quarantine hotel for immigrants until 1953 builded to avoid yellow fever with last epidemic was over 50 years before.
I don't think that sanitary measures are going to be lifted soon.

15 years in prison for spreading COVID across borders? Lol, a rapist/murderer is back walking the streets within a few years in Argentina. Let's not be silly now.
Criminal Code: ARTICULO 202. - Será reprimido con reclusión o prisión de tres a quince años, el que propagare una enfermedad peligrosa y contagiosa para las personas.

Back