May There Never Be Walls Between Us

Viva la Republic Bolivariana! or rather it should be said...el pueblo de la Republica Bolivariana quiere sobrevivir pero la Republica los esta matando!
I didn't see Maduro on the bridge! Maybe he entered in a more clandestine way? Does he have Crissy's address on Juncal?

Chavez, Maduro, Cristina, Dilma, they will all fade to memory and be forgotten one day. But the realization that the doors of your neighbors are open, the certainty that one will find shelter and refuge in the next country shall the need arise, that will never be forgotten.

May Argentines, Paraguayans, Uruguayans, Colombians, Peruvians or whomever always find the Brazilian doors wide open, if the need ever arises. May the walls between countries and the shame that it brings with it never come bellow the Equator.

camberiu.
I am a bit confused by your post above..I could be wrong but I don't believe so.
I don't think that Brazil's doors are "wide open" for their neighbors from bordering countries
And definitely not for "whomever".because I am a "US whomever" and I have always needed a visa to enter Brazil
Not only that but a few years ago I was unable to secure a retiree's visa there.
On many trips to Brazil I have witnessed Argentines and other foreigners questioned for long periods of time before being allowed to enter Brazil .

How does a US citizen living in Buenos Aires obtain a visa to visit Brazil? Schedule an appointment online with the Brazilian embassy? Do you have to already have a ticket or definite dates that you plan to visit before applying for and receiving a visa? Approximately how long does the application process take? In general how long is the visa good for?

I have witnessed Argentines and other foreigners questioned for long periods of time before being allowed to enter Brazil .

Being a Argentine myself, I can say that the above statement is wrong.

Brazil, Chile,Paraguay & Uruguay are the the four countries which treat Argentine passport holders the nicest!

In Colombia, Venezuela and even Peru.. they tend to get hostile..and I find it funny..considering so many of their country men are sitting in Argentina after arriving as "tourists"!

The fact that over 2 million Argentines went to Brazil on vacation last summer contradicts that statement. I've crossed the border many times and the flow is constant, uninterrupted and the border controls seems like pure formality. Never heard of a non-criminal Argentine refused at the Brazilian border or of a non-criminal Brazilian refused at the Argentine border. For a South American citizen, travelling between South American countries is a trivial matter. We don't even need passports as a simple national ID will suffice. That applies down from Chile and Argentina all the way up to Colombia and Venezuela, and every country in between.

I understand the no walls sentiment but I suspect that has more to do with the fact that they don't exactly have much to protect.

I understand the no walls sentiment but I suspect that has more to do with the fact that they don't exactly have much to protect.

That is one way to look at it. The other is that, even though they are poor and have little to give, they still open their doors for their neighbors in need, while the rich ones, who have plenty, raise walls and barbed wire fences.

http://youtu.be/pOHuT83rXds

Camberiu.
I did not say that some Argentines were refused entry.I said that they were questioned for long periods before being admitted.This happened a few years ago on a flight from BA to Florianapolis when the economic situation there was somewhat better .Perhaps it was to ascertain whether they were bonafide tourists and not looking to remain in Brazil.
For anyone intending to remain in Brazil for any reason whatever from any country the situation changes.

Back