Medellin

James12345t

Registered
Hello all,

Medellin doesnt seem to have an expats website but I was wondering if anyone has lived there and/or taught english there?

Its meant to be really lovely and wage/cost-of-living is more bearable. I am tempted to make the move.

JM

camberiu said:
And the women there look even better than the women here.

I dont know about better looking, but they are way more sexier, and their attitude is great, very friendly..

The cost of living is better - fruit/veg is alot cheaper, most other stuff is cheaper or no more expensive than BSAS. Plus the supermarkets have a way better range of food.

Renting apartments is also cheaper.. I havent done so myself, but i spent a month there and meet a few expats who were renting studio for between US$150 and $200 a month, and 1 bedrooms for US$300 plus.

And the best deal is lunch (soup/main/juice) - from $1.50 to US$3..

In a small world twist, Dave, the founder of Medellin Living is actually living in Buenos Aires right now! I think he still prefers Medellin though. It's a great city.

Medellin is a very comfortable city to live in as I was based there for 3 years. Compared to BA, it is far cheaper to live (rent, food, transport, entertainment) the weather is warm year round, it rains little and the people are much friendlier. Sure, there are typical South American crime problems but these are mainly in the poor barrios. Medellin has a good international airport with daily scheds to America and regional countries making for pleasant weekend excursions. Check it out, you should be impressed.

Of course, I gather it is more susceptible to seismic disturbances than BsAs, but that seems to be a rather abstract problem that does not enter into relocation decisions. Otherwise, why would anyone go to California?

AlexanderB said:
Of course, I gather it is more susceptible to seismic disturbances than BsAs, but that seems to be a rather abstract problem that does not enter into relocation decisions. Otherwise, why would anyone go to California?

Maybe because people are born there or get good jobs/education there?

I personally would never move to Mexico DF if I had the choice, but do whatever you want I guess

I am sure happy there are no natural disasters in Argentina/BA

Back