Medialunas In The Usa?

mmoon

Registered
Hi all,
I am currently in the US for the time being, and although I have sourced out the decent mate, dulce de leche and empanadas (I'm in the SF Bay Area), I cannot find any place that makes anything even remotely similar to medialunas. Our whole family misses them, all of our friends here who have visited us in Argentina miss them, and I've had no luck with trying to make them myself. Does anyone know of a US shop with good medialunas? I travel a bunch for work, and everyone seems to have mail delivery options these days, so it doesn't have to be a place here in Northern California.
Such a ridiculous question, I know, but I've always had good luck on this site...thanks for helping with our Argentine cravings.

Yes, I want plain and uninspired Argentina medialunas, but the good ones, like at Guber. Not those dry, sweet, papery ones.
No problem finding croissants here, of course.

Hi all,
I am currently in the US for the time being, and although I have sourced out the decent mate, dulce de leche and empanadas (I'm in the SF Bay Area), I cannot find any place that makes anything even remotely similar to medialunas. Our whole family misses them, all of our friends here who have visited us in Argentina miss them, and I've had no luck with trying to make them myself. Does anyone know of a US shop with good medialunas? I travel a bunch for work, and everyone seems to have mail delivery options these days, so it doesn't have to be a place here in Northern California.
Such a ridiculous question, I know, but I've always had good luck on this site...thanks for helping with our Argentine cravings.
If you are in East Bay SF, La Bedaine on Solano in Berkeley has exact what you are looking for, but they are closed after 30 years, could not agree with the terms w landlord.
But you can try: La Farine Bakery in Rockridge, close to BART or you can drive. It's a nice street to hang out. Lately there many new fusion restaurants, and an ice cream shop where they can make organic ice cream from scratch with big complicated machines. kids like to wait and watch. There are 5-6 bakeries there too.

La Farine
6323 College Ave, Oakland, CA 94618 (510) 654-0338

If you are in East Bay SF, La Bedaine on Solano in Berkeley has exact what you are looking for, but they are closed after 30 years, could not agree with the terms w landlord.
But you can try: La Farine Bakery in Rockridge, close to BART or you can drive. It's a nice street to hang out. Lately there many new fusion restaurants, and an ice cream shop where they can make organic ice cream from scratch with big complicated machines. kids like to wait and watch. There are 5-6 bakeries there too.

La Farine
6323 College Ave, Oakland, CA 94618 (510) 654-0338

La Farine is also on Piedmont Avenue near 41st, and has decent bread, but nothing resembling Argentine medialunas (which I also like, de manteca, if they're really fresh). You can find empanadas elsewhere, though: http://tinyurl.com/p2925fx

Back