Medical Help! Anyone Coming To Ba From The Us Soon?

Ryan-In-BA

Registered
I have a genetic variation that I must treat with a special form of vitamin B9. I've been searching far and wide and have been completely unsuccessful at finding this vitamin in Argentina. I've recently used up the last of my supply and am currently suffering from the ill effects of the condition. I'm reaching out to the folks at Buenos Aires Expats and asking for any help.

I would really appreciate any advice at getting nutritional supplements or medications into the country. Or as a last resort I am willing to pay anyone willing to bring a small supply of vitamins into BA on my behalf. And of course I would ship them to the address of your choice prior to your trip to BA.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks Gringoboy for trying to help me out. I should have been more specific in my first post. I have to take B9 in the form levomofolic acid. Folic acid actually doesn't exist in nature and competes with folate to make my condition worse.

I arrive in BA on Tuesday. If this is something I can find in at like a GNC-type store in the US, I'm happy to help you out. Just let me know. Driver is picking me up at 11:30 am on Monday so would need to purchase before then.

Have you looked into Leucovorina ? It seems as if it is close to what you are looking for. and available in Argentina. Don't take my word for it though, I am not a doc.I found it in a spanish google search.

Have you looked into Leucovorina ? It seems as if it is close to what you are looking for. and available in Argentina. Don't take my word for it though, I am not a doc.I found it in a spanish google search.

Aleina, thanks for looking into that for me. I did some research into folinic acid and Leucovorina and while it is not as ideal as levomefolic acid I was able to find it in a store after trying several large pharmacies. It is extremely expensive but I bought a small amount and I am hoping that with it I will get at least some temporary relief!

Hi Ryan,

you are welcome. If noone is forthcoming with regards to bringing this for you check out the website preciosderemedios.com quoting Leucovosrina you might find a cheaper product. Unfortunately the site does not go as far as telling you the farmacies that sell it.

Ryan,
Was hawaiigirl able to help you out? If you still need someone to bring the supplements down, I return on January 9th. Just let me know I would be happy to help.

Back