Mercado Progresso

TomAtAlki

Registered
I asked a friend where to get a leg of lamb and he said La Gondola at Mercado Progresso, Rivadavia 5430. A great market with what appears to be really good meat, veggies and specialties. Check it out.

T/

Mercado Progresso Small.jpg

I asked a friend where to get a leg of lamb and he said La Gondola at Mercado Progresso, Rivadavia 5430. A great market with what appears to be really good meat, veggies and specialties. Check it out.

T/

View attachment 1944

Fabulous traditional market. I wrote about this at http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/city-guides/buenos-aires-traveler/

No? Unless I am missing something?

they do at both cotos near my old house (mexico 2200 & alsina 1900) and at the coto near my new house (liberatador 6800) plus @ the jumbo on acoyte last time I went. Also the disco on entre rios & belgrano usually had paleta de cordero which is just boneless leg of lamb basically.

Been to Mercado Progresso, it's cool.

The Carrefour on Scalabrini Ortiz between Cabello & Cerviño has frozen cordero... or maybe it's cabrito. Anyway, they tend to have frozen turkeys (patos) as well.

Great market with good quality stuff. If you can find it, there's a carniceria that has incredible meat. It usually has the longest line.

Been to Mercado Progresso, it's cool.

The Carrefour on Scalabrini Ortiz between Cabello & Cerviño has frozen cordero... or maybe it's cabrito. Anyway, they tend to have frozen turkeys (patos) as well.

Pavos? Pato is duck. And can be found in barrio chino :p

Back