Mercadolibre Or Other Venue To Sell Ipad Mini - Cut Offered

Patagonia2015

Registered
Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I will be visiting Argentina from October 17-31. We'll be in Buenos Aires, Ushuaia, El Calafate, and El Chalten.

I've been doing a ton of research on the country. In addition to planning our journey, I've learned a lot about the economy, politics, etc. The restriction on Apple products is a really interesting topic to me because of my studies in Economics. My girlfriend has an Apple iPad Air 64GB (Wi-Fi/Celluar) Unlocked. She was planning on selling it in the US, but if she can get a nice premium over a US price, then she would consider selling it in Argentina.

The problem is we're not sure how to find a buyer. Hoping that someone here can help and she's willing to give a cut of the sale to whoever can help facilitate.

Accepting Argentinian Pesos is fine as we'll have to convert USD to Argentinian Pesos anyways.

Many thanks in advance

I'm not sure you can "sign up" with Mercado Libre without a DNI, but you might be able to find a member of this site who already is selling items on Mercado Libre and have them try to sell it for you. You could both be present when the buyer comes to pay for and take the item. One possible "drawback" to that idea would be if they sell five or more items in a month and the total of the sales is $5000 pesos or more...unless they are willing to deal with AFIP.

I suggest you bring it and offer it for sale in the classified section here.

Thanks very much for your reply. Seems a bit complicated since I don't have a DNI and the possibility of having to deal with AFIP for the person selling for me.

I like your suggestion of bringing it down and putting it in the classifieds section. Willing to sell it at a discount to someone here who can then go through MercadoLibre or whatever channels to sell at the market price to make a profit.

Back