Merry Christmas to all Expats in Beautiful Argentina

I'd hardly call it beautiful where I live.....flat as a pancake with fields of soya as far as the eye can see. As for the economy.......it stinks!!! :)

sergio, post: 399863, member
How is life in Marbella?

Life in Marbella is beautiful too. We enjoy the lovely climate, being close to the beach, the great restaurants and the cosmopolitan feel to the place. Quite a few Portenos living here too. Great wines and many fascinating history and cultural attractions to visit in wider Andalucia.

Ancient civilizations such as the Pheonicians, Romans and Arabs have all left their cultural marks in this beautiful part of Spain. I would recommend a visit once this pandemic is over.

Last edited:
How is life in Marbella?

Life in Marbella is beautiful too. We enjoy the lovely climate, being close to the beach, the great restaurants and the cosmopolitan feel to the place. Quite a few Portenos living here too. Great wines and many fascinating history and cultural attractions to visit in wider Andalucia.

Ancient civilizations such as the Pheonicians, Romans and Arabs have all left their cultural marks in this beautiful part of Spain. I would recommend a visit once this pandemic is over.
How do you like the cars in Spain ? Is Ferrari really much better than SEAT (made in Spain) ?

How is life in Marbella?

How do you compare Marbella vs Alicante ? Alicante is a working class town but with hundreds of thousands
of tourists from north, it is known for diversities of food, and vicinity to the beach, and short train ride to Madrid and Valencia,
it also has its own airport. In terms of population, Alicante is twice as big. Gracias!

How do you like the cars in Spain ? Is Ferrari really much better than SEAT (made in Spain) ?
The Spanish roads are superb for the Ferrari and my friend owns a racetrack close by where we often race at the weekends

I googled the above 2 cities, here is what is on TravelAdvisor,
of course it's just someone's personal opinion.

####################################

1. Re: Valencia, Alicante or Marbella?

As for safety, I don´t think you would have any problems in any of the three cities. None of the three cities you´re interested in are the size of your hometown London. As long as you use your common sense, as you would do at home, Spain is a very safe country.

If you´re looking for a piece of real Spain I´d go for Valencia or possibly Alicante, definitely not Marbella. Marbella is full of hotels and restaurants catering to foreign tourists. It´s a personal opinion, but I think Marbella hardly has anything interesting to offer.

Alicante is a nice, small city. Quite touristy in summer, with great beaches. Valencia has more to offer culturally speaking, as it is bigger. Nice beaches too. In my opinion, Valencia is your best bet.

######################################

2. Re: Valencia, Alicante or Marbella?

No contest, Valencia every time. Lovely city with plenty to do and has a beach.
Alicante is OK, but a small city.

Marbella is tacky and certainly lacks the glitz it once had. It is also very expensive.

Back