Metallica In Argentina - Ever?

Girino

Registered
I was sipping at some gin & tonic (I'll save the "good" for Hendrick's when I get back to modern world) and suddenly I felt like listening to Metallica again.
So I went on their website to know the upcoming tour dates and they are all in Europe and NA.

Is LatAm totally out of the scene, ever?

I was sipping at some gin & tonic (I'll save the "good" for Hendrick's when I get back to modern world) and suddenly I felt like listening to Metallica again.
So I went on their website to know the upcoming tour dates and they are all in Europe and NA.

Is LatAm totally out of the scene, ever?

Awful music but, since the guitarist's wife's an Argie and they've even played in Antarctica, I expect they'll be back:

(
)

My husband saw Metallica here in 2009. Maybe 2010? Can't remember. You can't really lump all of Latin America together when it comes to music. Argentines have a rock obsession, and will go on about Nirvana, AC/DC, Metallic, Pearl Jam and, well, you get the idea. Basically, classic rock/metal. (Nevermind came out 23 years go; Nirvana is classic rock now...) Then there are all the Argentine rock bands that have had great success.

As for touring, Muse and U2 came a few years back, that was a huge deal, I went to the Chili Peppers in 2011, my husband saw the Foo Fighters in 2012, the list goes on. I won't even get started on electronic music and DJs. That scene's huge here (and a lot of fun). Lots of acts tour here. It helps to look at the schedules for larger venues such as Luna Park, River Stadium, La Plata Stadium, etc. to get an idea of which big acts are coming to town.

I saw them live years ago here in BA, and weren´t they playing Antarctica last year? Not my style, I think they are overrated...bring Siouxsie Sioux again in any case ;)

Metallica has played in Argentina several times. They have a huge following here. You just missed their latest show by a few months.

http://www.metallica.com/tour/mar-29-2014-buenos-aires.asp

Back