Mexican Night EVERY Thursday in June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOLAchef

Registered
Hola amigos!!

Every Thursday in June I will be hosting a Mexican Night in Palermo Soho at Tout le Monde, a cafe on Gurruchaga and Cabrera.

The menu will be a variety of antojitos (Mexican small plates) which will include-

guacamole with corn tortilla chips
esquites- fresh cut corn with chili piquin and lime
Mexican salad- romaine, queso fresco, avocado, lime
tortas de res- classic Mexican sandwich of beef, avocado, black beans, pickled onions, jalapeno, on homemade Bolillo bread
tacos del pastor- slow cooked pork with Yucatan spices, black beans, pickled onion
lime and coconut Pie

*Speciality Drinks*
Jalapeno Margaritas
Blueberry & Ginger Margaritas
Classic Margaritas
Paloma- tequila, grapefruit, lime, soda

EVERYTHING is made from scratch- tortillas, cheeses, salsas, juices, breads.

Tout le Monde
Gurruchaga 1417 between Gorriti y Cabrera

Doors open at 3pm and close around 1am.
Happy Hour til 8pm

For more info check out this site in both Spanish and English.

¡Qué rico! I checked your website - I think I'll be having the brussels sprouts recipe for dinner. One question - are you going to be offering any vegetarian 'main courses'? Do you have any idea of what your prices will be?

Thanks.

Hola!!

The menu is set up to where there are no 'main courses'. The salad-guac-esquites are all vegetarian. I will be able to do veggie tacos and tortas upon request! Everything is intended to be shared, kind of tapas style. Food prices range from 15-40 pesos and Margaritas are 25 pesos. If you come, please introduce yourself!!

Thanks, sounds good. I put 'main courses' in quotes because I get what you are going for, but it will take more than guacamole and salad (which I make frequently at home) to lure my wallet from its hiding place!

Looking forward to it, I'll definitely introduce myself.

I'll sure check it out! Food is what I miss most from my country! Just one question. What is Yucatán spices? Is it a brand? And more importantly: Where did you buy it?!

I hope that this is so successful that you'll continue it long past June.

Bob

Thanks for the support!!

The Yucatan spices are a mix of chilis brought from Mexico- Chili Achiote, Mexican Oregano, Chili Guajillos and a few Ancho Chilis tambien!

Jalapeño margaritas..... I'm intrigued, and live in the neighbourhood! Sounds so delish! Count me in!

Doors open at 3... I'll be there at 4 for sure. Love Mexican, NOLA and Tabasco too so looking forward to meeting the NOLAchef!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back