Migración accepted State of New York apostilles

Pat Murphy

Registered
My "immigration" attorney notified me today that my tramite for a pensioner's visa is finished and that the next step is the receipt of the physical DNI by mail.

I had two federal documents (VA and FBI) apostilled by the State of New York. Contrary to the misinformed opinions of certain 'sea lawyers' here, the State of New York apostilles were accepted by Migracion in compliance with the 1961 Apostille Convention in the Hague. If you have questions, read the convention agreement. It is quite short and easy to understand.

So, if you don't want to wait for ~two months for a U.S. Dept. of State apostille, you can receive a State of New York or State of Kansas apostille electronically from the apostille service in two days and the paper originals on BA in less than a week. The apostille service that I used solicits aspostilles from the states of New York and Kansas which have laws permitting non-residents to have documents apostilled. Good luck

God bless you for finding a way to bring the apostille process for US documents kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
Article 13 is the crux of it. Hopefully certain 'sea lawyers' here will read it and stop giving people bad information that can have quite negative consequences in processing time.

Cheers

God bless you for finding a way to bring the apostille process for US documents kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
Agreed. In today's day and age an apostille is an anachronism, like Medieval sealing wax. The embassies are part of the State Department and should offer this service locally, or at least provide a portal for online payment and document upload / submission.

Back