Milei plans to privatise Argentine football clubs

In the UK all football clubs are private. (from what I read?)
I'm a Brit but I'm probably not the right person to discuss football with (people who know me are nodding enthusiastically right now). Clubs and societies are run under different legal structures than businesses here unless they've been taken over or bought out. Think Savings and Loans/Building Societies gobbled up by the big banks. So you have the majority of football clubs which are clubs but the better known ones have usually been taken over by investors and create a lot of wealth. Most of that wealth gets sucked out of the clubs as they pay dividends to the owners or are used as security for loans or debts. Little of the value trickles down to the community (just ask Manchester United supporters what they think of the Glazer family.)

Most of that wealth gets sucked out of the clubs as they pay dividends to the owners or are used as security for loans or debts. Little of the value trickles down to the community (just ask Manchester United supporters what they think of the Glazer family.)

Isn't that the point of privatization?

Back